Elysian Pilgrim
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #31 of 191
Just got mine in the mail and I have to say even when toning down my expectations, how did Elysian achieved both this level of tuning and timbre at this price? They're very spot-on. These just have that can't-put-these-down factor on initial listen. Treble peaks from the Gaea seem to have disappeared yet the musicality and enjoyment I got from these even gave me goosebumps which I haven't gotten inawhile. Promised to just take peek but ended listening to a variety of tracks. Will give these more some eartime tomorrow and avoid hyping these up for now after a more extended listen but so far, these are impressive.

1000048638.jpg

1000048644.jpg

1000048646.jpg

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #32 of 191
Just got mine in the mail and I have to say even when toning down my expectations, how did Elysian achieved both this level of tuning and timbre at this price? They're very spot-on. These just have that can't-put-these-down factor on initial listen. Treble peaks from the Gaea seem to have disappeared yet the musicality and enjoyment I got from these even gave me goosebumps which I haven't gotten inawhile. Promised to just take peek but ended listening to a variety of tracks. Will give these more some eartime tomorrow and avoid hyping these up for now after a more extended listen but so far, these are impressive.

1000048638.jpg

1000048644.jpg

1000048646.jpg
Look forward to your impressions

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #33 of 191
Look forward to your impressions
I kind of felt the same way at CanJam in NYC. I had tried tens of thousands of dollars of IEM's and hit a lot of the big boys, all to see what I'd sell my Volur for. Of course I missed a few too. But towards the end of my day there I went to seek out the Pilgrim as I'd seen a few posts about it on head-fi. It was one of the most refreshing listens all day. Too brief though. But my ears instantly perked up I wanted to buy them on the spot. Ended up not finding anything to push me off the Volur and I appreciated it even more.

how did Elysian achieved both this level of tuning and timbre at this price? They're very spot-on.

I don't think it's a huge secret. I mean obviously there have to be different price points and I think more expensive IEM's are easily justified. But I do think a solid chunk of numerous pricier IEM's is purely about perceived value and scarcity (as in it puts you in an exclusive club of people who own such pricey IEM's), and I think it's clear as day some people view IEM's as like jewelry to show off bling. So a significant number of price points are inflated for those consumer capitalist psychological traits. I think a decent number of these IEM makers could blow us away at 1K or less and make good money but it's a consumer game and they are selling a lifestyle not just a musical playing device.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #34 of 191

1000048638.jpg

1000048644.jpg

1000048646.jpg

How does it compare to the IE600?

Also looking forward to others' comparison vs the IE600 :D

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #36 of 191
Hello.
Are the driver configurations and sound tunings of Elysian Pilgrim and Pilgrim noir different?

The driver config is the same between the 2, just that the Noir has an extra crossover (4 instead of 3 in the OG).

Pilgrim OG is more balanced and technical with great resolution. Noir is a bit more basshead, with some compromise in resolution. Noir is more expensive but has some added expensive cables inside.

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #37 of 191
How does it compare to the IE600?

Also looking forward to others' comparison vs the IE600 :D
I myself have the IE 600 as favorite as well. The Pilgrim seem to have a balanced U-shape with just a bit of bright tilt. Bass quantity is more on the IE 600 but as an overall value and delicate balance across the frequencies with the resolution to flex, I'd give it to the Pilgrim.

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #39 of 191
I guess the IE600 has better bass slam/impact?
Actually quite close in terms of punch and slam. Though the IE 600 edges it out in rumble for me.

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #40 of 191
The driver config is the same between the 2, just that the Noir has an extra crossover (4 instead of 3 in the OG).

Pilgrim OG is more balanced and technical with great resolution. Noir is a bit more basshead, with some compromise in resolution. Noir is more expensive but has some added expensive cables inside.
Thank you.
OG > Noir exclude Subbase ?
Is the price difference due to the different cables?

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #42 of 191
It's surprising that the Noir has less resolution compared to the OG Pilgrim, especially since I liked that about the original Pilgrim
I heard similarly to @baskingshark - but im wondering if its because Noir is warmer and its treble isnt as elevated as Og. Brighter iems tend to give impression of better details.

Add also ambient noise during the show, i would take it with grain of salt.

Apr 29, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #43 of 191
The Elysian Pilgrim is a hybrid which contains 1 x Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) DD and 3 x Sonion BAs. This is the non-Noir version, but the original one.

Pilgrim 2.jpg

So the Pilgrim is very light-weight and comfortable, shells are fashioned from stainless steel.

The Pilgrim has a U-shaped tonality, and is very clean sounding. Superb technicalities, expansive stage and solid layering. Fast, punchy and tight bass with a transparent midrange and resolving treble. Nimble transients with smooth upper mids.

Elysian Pilgrim.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler peak

There's a whiff of BA timbre but not the biggest offender in this department. It also uses a Pentacon cable connector, which does limit aftermarket cable pairing.

Otherwise, the Pilgrim has a thicker lower midrange than the measurebator's gold-standard Moondrop Variations (Pilgrim doesn't sound so anemic there), with less upper mids glare than the Variations. The Pilgrim also has better staging and micro-details than the Variations.

Pilgrim versus Variations.jpg

This is a solid IEM from OOTB listening. Will do more A/B testing and burn-in and report back.

Thank you.
OG > Noir exclude Subbase ?
Is the price difference due to the different cables?

Yeah the cable from Effect Audio probably contributes substantially to the price differential.

I personally like the OG Pilgrim more, as not only is it cheaper (better price-to-performance), but I'm not really a basshead (ie I prefer an IEM to be synergistic with most genres rather than a select few).

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #45 of 191
The Elysian Pilgrim is a hybrid which contains 1 x Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) DD and 3 x Sonion BAs. This is the non-Noir version, but the original one.

Pilgrim 2.jpg

So the Pilgrim is very light-weight and comfortable, shells are fashioned from stainless steel.

The Pilgrim has a U-shaped tonality, and is very clean sounding. Superb technicalities, expansive stage and solid layering. Fast, punchy and tight bass with a transparent midrange and resolving treble. Nimble transients with smooth upper mids.

Elysian Pilgrim.jpg
8 kHz is a coupler peak

There's a whiff of BA timbre but not the biggest offender in this department. It also uses a Pentacon cable connector, which does limit aftermarket cable pairing.

Otherwise, the Pilgrim has a thicker lower midrange than the measurebator's gold-standard Moondrop Variations (Pilgrim doesn't sound so anemic there), with less upper mids glare than the Variations. The Pilgrim also has better staging and micro-details than the Variations.

Pilgrim versus Variations.jpg

This is a solid IEM from OOTB listening. Will do more A/B testing and burn-in and report back.

Yeah the cable from Effect Audio probably contributes substantially to the price differential.

I personally like the OG Pilgrim more, as not only is it cheaper (better price-to-performance), but I'm not really a basshead (ie I prefer an IEM to be synergistic with most genres rather than a select few).
Thanks a lot for sharing your sound impressions. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back