Elden Ring
Nov 4, 2021 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
I think this game deserves it's own thread. From the makers of Dark Souls series and Sekiro. With collaboration with the writer of Game of Thrones.

Looks really beautiful, and we know the gameplay is going to be good. So, this game is not risky like CD Project Red games (scammy).

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 24
This game is hyped but it weird that they gives influencers 20-40 hours to test this game. Youtube keeps suggesting me complete playthrough of the game that wasn't even out yet. Pretty annoying trying to dodge spoiler lol
Does this mean it's super long? I hope the combat mechanics have more variations to make it more interesting.

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #5 of 24
I dug Demon's Souls back at release but never picked up another game like it. This is the first one to tempt me.
This is beyond tempt for me. I know FromSoftware's history of quality (besides some lack of quality programming, not really the best at catching bugs), and know this will deliver.

FromSoftware gives you the best bang for the buck! Amount of content in their games is ridiculous!

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 24
This game looks like grown-up Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I played BOTW, and it seemed like they were trying to become like Dark Souls in some ways, but failed because they are still focused on traditional Nintendo children's Zelda game. And with Elden Ring, the souls series is become more like BOTW in terms of open world environments. I really didn't like how BOTW approached the open world design, and I would put money down on FromSoft doing an open world justice that Nintendo could not do properly.

For one, traveling in horses maybe useful in ER. In Zelda horses were pretty much useless due to environmental constraints (horses cannot move up certain level of inclines). ER is solving this by areas you can fly up to high places.

I personally liked the souls series for amazing dungeon designs, and not sure if open world is really necessary. I like the cool castle and dungeon designs you traverse throughout the game. That is their classic trademark in terms of design.

I found a lot of the ideas and designs in BOTW impractical, but based on previous history of Souls games, we know FromSoft is very practical in their approach to design. Their designs is straightforward, no nonsense, and I hope it is so with anything new they bring to the openworld such as horses (that it is actually practical).

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 24
They gone Gold guys! I can't wait for this game. I wonder how much influence GRR Martin was for Miyazaki? Miyazaki is a great story teller as well, but getting Martin on board for this games says a lot about Martin.

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 24
Yep, looking forward to this one for sure. Love the entire dark souls/demon souls games.

Of course, I'd be even happier if GRRM would actually finish his books, but it is looking more and more like that isn't going to happen.

Feb 12, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #9 of 24
Bestbuy already received shipments of the hard copies! So early, but they still can't sell them unit the set release date.

liy1is8ha9h81.jpg

Feb 15, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #10 of 24
Bluepoint did an extraordinary work on Demon's Souls remake, but they need to change whoever does face design. Faces look too dopey on Demon's Souls.

In comparison, we can see from From Soft's Elden Ring that From Soft knows how to make things look 'cool.' Demon's Souls definitely has more fidelity, but obviously Bluepoint cannot design worth crap.

From track history of From Soft's games under Miyazaki's supervision, we can see that From Soft knows what 'cool' is. From character designs in Sekiro I knew they had good sensibilities.

I like that From Soft doesn't do Weeby anime trope lookin garbage. They are a very no nonsense studio.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #11 of 24
Some people getting their copies of the game early from Amazon. It must be a glitch in the algorithm. lol.

Bloody Wolf on the cover of Famitsu. I'm getting this armor!
nv8wub2vqli81.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #12 of 24
Although the trailers looks impressive. The graphics arn't that significant of a jump from Bloodborne or DS3. Elden Ring is using the same graphics tech as Bloodborne and DS3 (gorgeous looking for it's time). Rendering looks to be in similar fashion. They did a good job of presenting the trailer to look gorgeous.

I think Bloodborne was the biggest jump in graphics, and a closer look at Elden Ring, it's not that significant. Elden Ring looks for like it should be DS4, but with different looking stuff with an open world. The combat looks to play pretty much the same as other Dark Souls. Attack the giant's leg!! lol. I just noticed they added jump to the movements. Interesting. I wonder what that would change? Sekiro was the first to use jump. Just by seeing how this guy roll dodges, just seems pretty much Dark Souls combat.

Title is likely Elden Ring because a different world/story created with collaboration with GRR Martin. But, looks like another Dark Souls in a grander scale. They expanded the game horizontally in level design that perhaps they were limited in the console hardware for previous titles? Things are placed in more open areas (although Bloodborne was pretty impressive the scale of the areas in the game like some of the large buildings and arenas).

Still, I'm very interested in this one. Miyazaki game is better time spent than other stuff.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #13 of 24
We knew this was coming 10/10 Let's GoooooOO Very high on Metacritic as well.

This is truely FromSoft's times in history. They make the gaming history. Hell, it's their times in visual arts of all mediums. Movies been sucking today, and this is what I have to turn to these days to get quality art.

I rarely 100% games because side quests usually suck, but I will 100% this game. Totally worth it!! I will find and experience every nook and cranny in this game.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #14 of 24
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #15 of 24
I really like the lore hearing from VaatiVidya. It's rich enough to turn it into the next Game of Thrones TV series or even a series of flicks. I now see where GRRM comes in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back