"de-itching" The headphones (ATH-WHJPN) I took to the barber
Sep 20, 2011 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

duccklings

New Head-Fier
So I just got the very expensive and legendary Audio Technica ATH-W11jpn Headphones headphones... But,my headphones pads are really giving me a large itchy sensation…

http://www.headphonereviews.org/headphone/Audio-Technica/ATH-W11JPN

I brought them to my hair dresser… so they give me that "has hair residue" itchy feeling. While normally I'd take a shower myself and throw my clothes that do this in the laundry..

What can I do about making the headphone pads not feel so freaking itchy without screwing them up in any way?

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 16
I speak 20 languages fluently because I have a babelfish in my ear lol.

Dude english is my 1st language but It's a freaking internet forum! I'm slightly dyslexic so I mix up certain things or forget a letter here and there.
Plus its late so my thinking isn't that clear.

If you don't have something nice or constructive to say don't say it. Keep it to yourself. Don't put people down when they want to learn.
Feel free to point out the mistakes specifically if you want to help.
Otherwise bug off. Teach if you want to... but don't be an ass.

If you want to read like anne Academic essay well read some shakespeare or descartes or whatever.
Dude stop acting so smug and chill out and relax. If I leave out a "t" on the word "not" it means I forgot the "t"... lol :p :D arggh

Not that I can nit speekkey teh english or engrish .

How can people who love music so much be so... so... like stuck up about the wording of things.
I take it your not a musician...
As most songs don't follow proper grammatical structure. They use wordplay and interesting ways of saying things.

Naa Naa Naa Nah na na na
Hey Jude
naa naa naa nah na na na
Hey Jude

Love me do
You know I love you
Please love me do

She's got a ticket to ride.

lol
If you want to write anne academic novel be my guest but it's not my prerogative ... I happen to like music.
Anne wrote a diary mind you... you should too

BUT BACK ON TOPIC!! How do I get rid of the itching sensation on my headphones?

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 16
First, stop overreacting. You seemed to assume that I was trying to insult or be a smart-ass. Wrong.
I asked if English was your first language because your original post was difficult to understand. You want me to point out where, right?

Quote:
So I just got the very expensive and legendary ATH-WHJPN headphones... But,my headphones pads are really giving me a large itchy sensation…

I brought them to my hair dresser… so they give me that "has hair residue" itchy feeling. While normally I'd take a shower myself and through my clothes that do this in the laundry..

What can I do about making the headphone pads not feel so freaking itchy without screwing them up in any way?

I can see you went back and edited your original post. The ambiguities within the initial version cannot be explained by dyslexia.

1. ATH-WHJPN -- sorry, what headphones are these? I tried to search for them but couldn't find anything. I've also never seen an Audio Technica headphone follow this type of all-letters model name. If you can't tell us which headphones are giving you the problem, it makes it harder to help.

2. "Large" itchy sensation -- Should be "very". Or "extremely". "Large" is not an appropriate word to describe the degree of an itching sensation. I also don't understand why you brought your headphones to your hair dresser, or what your hair dresser tried to do to help. Again, these are details that could help people help you, if you can list them clearly.

3. "Through" -- you've edited this to "throw". But I think you can see how it didn't make sense as "through my clothes".

You called me stuck up. Was that something "nice and constructive" to say? Think about your own standards if you're going to try and measure me, or anyone else, against them.

And regarding people saying something hurtful "every time [you] post":
http://www.head-fi.org/t/560050/found-cool-vintage-phones-but-they-need-repair-anyone-able-to-help-a-newb#post_7568229
I don't see a lot of insults directed at you there. I see a lot of helpful responses.

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #5 of 16
Kk your right in some ways. It's late at night and I'm cranky.
Still, if you want me to correct my grammar and wording.

Say that and don't say "You can't speak English...can you".
Or add that you would help ... but simply are having a hard time understanding due to grammar and woring.

I posted this so late as music helps put me to bed and it was annoying having that itchy feeling from these gorgeous headphones.

The Headphones are
The Audio-Technica ATH-W11JPN

http://www.headphonereviews.org/headphone/Audio-Technica/ATH-W11JPN

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 16
ATH-W11JPN! There we go, a model number. I suggest you change the thread topic to something like, "ATH-W11JPN pads itchy--please help".

I'd also appreciate it if you didn't respond to me in both the thread and via PM. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 16
I don't get why you would take any can to the barber let alone a $650 one, but that's besides the point. Cant you just wipe them down or take off the pads themselves and thoroughly clean them? Unless they are velour but I cant tell from the picture, if they are velour I think your gonna have to hand wash the pads.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #8 of 16
Try scotch tape! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 16
Wow thanks guys!
Scotch tape is a great idea.
Plus, that link for new pads is awesome!

YOu guys are pretty cool! Thanks friends lol

Why did I bring them into the barber?
Well I brought them in the car for listening and I planned to leave them in there.

But then I ran into a friend inside the barber shop and I guess I wanted to show off... :D :)
I'm just a superficial idiot aghh... but I now pay dearly for my sins.

I'm gonna go ahead and try scotch tape...
but it may be something completely different causing the itchy feeling...
Maybe I'm insane (I actually am technically lol :p ) .

Anyone else famillar with these phones notice this?
Plus the pads feel kind of soft...

Here's a pic to show you the pads for those without these beauties

I95xU.jpg

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #11 of 16
Seems that the pads feel "deflated" not firm enough. I'm gonna have to buy replacements. 
Is bluetin the best place?

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #12 of 16
K so I went on Bluetin.com got the replacement pads quite fast! 
Replacing the pads was very easy and now my headphones work and feel great!
Thanks for the advice guys!

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 16
First, stop overreacting. You seemed to assume that I was trying to insult or be a smart-ass. Wrong.
I asked if English was your first language because your original post was difficult to understand. You want me to point out where, right?

Quote:

I can see you went back and edited your original post. The ambiguities within the initial version cannot be explained by dyslexia.

1. ATH-WHJPN -- sorry, what headphones are these? I tried to search for them but couldn't find anything. I've also never seen an Audio Technica headphone follow this type of all-letters model name. If you can't tell us which headphones are giving you the problem, it makes it harder to help.

2. "Large" itchy sensation -- Should be "very". Or "extremely". "Large" is not an appropriate word to describe the degree of an itching sensation. I also don't understand why you brought your headphones to your hair dresser, or what your hair dresser tried to do to help. Again, these are details that could help people help you, if you can list them clearly.

3. "Through" -- you've edited this to "throw". But I think you can see how it didn't make sense as "through my clothes".

You called me stuck up. Was that something "nice and constructive" to say? Think about your own standards if you're going to try and measure me, or anyone else, against them.

And regarding people saying something hurtful "every time [you] post":
http://www.head-fi.org/t/560050/fou...epair-anyone-able-to-help-a-newb#post_7568229
I don't see a lot of insults directed at you there. I see a lot of helpful responses.
there's no justification for busting the guys chops. Whether his first language is something else, or he's dyslexic, or had a sloppy night of typing etc., while it's not exactly brutal sadism it's an unjustifiable insult. A small one. But much more diagnostic of you nonetheless. If he stumbled over his words asking you a question at CanJam, would you have said it to his face?

and holy mother… You've supplied a history of edits in trying to justify yourself? You supplying corrections to it like a term paper? Is peer review what you really want right now? Are you going to justify yourself even further with footnotes and a letter from the ambassador?

That condescending, self justification-at-all-costs behavior, by the way, is boilerplate for a certain popular diagnosis. But it would be wrong of me to say more. Yet.

Anything other than apology and moving on is just kind of… small. And most definitely contrary to the spirit and ethics of this forum.

But maybe you'll get into it with me now! On behalf of the forum, I sentence you to an evening of listening to music and pondering why you're busting a stranger's chops on a headphone forum.

And I don't believe you've had any suggestions about the itch.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #14 of 16
I speak 20 languages fluently because I have a babelfish in my ear lol.

Dude english is my 1st language but It's a freaking internet forum! I'm slightly dyslexic so I mix up certain things or forget a letter here and there.
Plus its late so my thinking isn't that clear.

If you don't have something nice or constructive to say don't say it. Keep it to yourself. Don't put people down when they want to learn.
Feel free to point out the mistakes specifically if you want to help.
Otherwise bug off. Teach if you want to... but don't be an ass.

If you want to read like anne Academic essay well read some shakespeare or descartes or whatever.
Dude stop acting so smug and chill out and relax. If I leave out a "t" on the word "not" it means I forgot the "t"... lol :p :D arggh

Not that I can nit speekkey teh english or engrish .

How can people who love music so much be so... so... like stuck up about the wording of things.
I take it your not a musician...
As most songs don't follow proper grammatical structure. They use wordplay and interesting ways of saying things.

Naa Naa Naa Nah na na na
Hey Jude
naa naa naa nah na na na
Hey Jude

Love me do
You know I love you
Please love me do

She's got a ticket to ride.

lol
If you want to write anne academic novel be my guest but it's not my prerogative ... I happen to like music.
Anne wrote a diary mind you... you should too

BUT BACK ON TOPIC!! How do I get rid of the itching sensation on my headphones?
ducc... try to ignore the dude. Everyone's fighting some battle. In the grand scheme of things, at very least yours is headphone related it. Could be a lot worse.
I've got a nice big collection of flagship headphones, and as the months and years go by, most sessions leave me fairly up there, regardless of which headphone or what the material is. I've tried dandruff shampoo, but there's no dandruff.

I got what I would call 50% relief after a few days of using an itchy scalp shampoo bar known as superzero. you'd have to find their website but it should be easy. it worked better than the drugstore brands, All of which seemed the same.

By the way, I read your original post and it was quite simple to compensate for those little typos. All the schoolteacher–gone–2–the– bad–place stuff which came after was ridiculous.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #15 of 16
ducc... try to ignore the dude. Everyone's fighting some battle. In the grand scheme of things, at very least yours is a headphone related issue. Could be a lot worse.

I've got a nice big collection of flagship headphones, and as the months and years go by, most sessions leave me fairly itchy up there, regardless of which headphone or what the material is. I've tried dandruff shampoo, but there's no dandruff. dermatologist didn't offer any special solutions.

I got what I would call 50% relief after a few days of using an itchy scalp shampoo bar known as superzero. you'd have to find their website but it should be easy. it worked better than the drugstore brands, All of which seemed the same. no, I have no incentive whatsoever to recommend them, except easing the suffering of my fellow audiophiles.

By the way, I read your original post and it was quite simple to compensate for those little typos. All the schoolteacher–gone–2–the–bad–place stuff which came after was ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back