DAC/AMP choices I have (RME, Burton, EarMen, Topping, EverSolo, JDS Labs) opinions appreciated
Mar 28, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #16 of 20
Nice set up.
I just sold my Denon. Shortly after visiting the post office, looking for the new cans, reading things on the net, a thought was born - what have you done?
But is done, and now instead of sticking to my plan, buying the HE1000V2 stealth, I got some doubts and started to look again. Hoping that there is something more than just Hifiman.
It's not looking good 😀

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #17 of 20
Nice set up.
I just sold my Denon. Shortly after visiting the post office, looking for the new cans, reading things on the net, a thought was born - what have you done?
But is done, and now instead of sticking to my plan, buying the HE1000V2 stealth, I got some doubts and started to look again. Hoping that there is something more than just Hifiman.
It's not looking good 😀
I have some Hifiman headphones in a drawer of several other headphones that I have but don't really listen to much (sometimes I'll listen to my German Maestro headphones, though). Don't recall which model the Hifimans are, but they aren't very expensive. The HE1000V2 looks pretty nice, though. I ended up going with the RME ADI-2 DC FS. It should be arriving sometime today. I bought some desk shelves and it looks so much better than everything just laying out on my desk.

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #18 of 20
The furniture can make a difference.
That's for sure.
I have listened the Stealth in the store. Made a comparison to the Denon and was sure that this will replace the Denon. But now I have doubts. Should I go for open or for closed.
Dynamic or planar. Planars are usually bigger and this is what I want - comfort.
ZMF are - i think - bigger , but the store is bit far. Maybe I just ask if I can borrow some to test it at home.
I wanted to use a train but it would cost me 80 euro. This how they helping us to move to public transport 😀

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #19 of 20
The furniture can make a difference.
That's for sure.
I have listened the Stealth in the store. Made a comparison to the Denon and was sure that this will replace the Denon. But now I have doubts. Should I go for open or for closed.
Dynamic or planar. Planars are usually bigger and this is what I want - comfort.
ZMF are - i think - bigger , but the store is bit far. Maybe I just ask if I can borrow some to test it at home.
I wanted to use a train but it would cost me 80 euro. This how they helping us to move to public transport 😀
I was going to say go for open because you already have a good closed. However, I see that you sold the Denon. I don't know what headphones you've had before, but if you're listening in a place that won't bother anyone, then I'd say go open this time. You're after comfort. So, be sure to look at the weight of them as well. I just listened to a pair of Shure SRH 1540 that I have and they are pretty light. I forgot how good it can feel to have a light headphone.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #20 of 20
Comfort. This is what I am after.
Denon sound and Hifiman HE1000V2 stealth comfort.
So I guess I will order the Hifiman.
Just waiting for the new owner to inform me that he have the Denon and that he is happy.
There is a nice action for the Meze Audio Lyra - with kabel to choose for around the price of Hifiman.
But did not hear it 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back