Curious Cables USB
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #48 of 80
Probably a lot more involved i.e. the purity and OCC. Also specific shielding. A lot at USB manufacturers use silver such as Oyaide, Neotech, Cabledyne, Wireworld platinum and Audioquest Diamond. I have the Oyaide Continental (5N purity) and the Cabledyne premier (6N OCC).

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #49 of 80
Probably a lot more involved i.e. the purity and OCC. Also specific shielding. A lot at USB manufacturers use silver such as Oyaide, Neotech, Cabledyne, Wireworld platinum and Audioquest Diamond. I have the Oyaide Continental (5N purity) and the Cabledyne premier (6N OCC).
Sound about right, if only the people is willing to spend, the better USB cables are out there, and they bring real performances. I am glad for whoever can observe the differences, and sorry about the losses of people who can't

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #52 of 80
I've just posted my review of the Curious USB Cable: http://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2017/10/review-curious-cables-usb-cable.html

DSC_8958.jpg

Jul 8, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #53 of 80
Ordered 2 (Regen and Hugo links) Curious USB cables on June 14th to Europe. It took them until June 21st to ship the cables. Tracking number was provided and it took the package 5 days to make it to Sydney, where every trace is lost. It is July 8th today and tracking is still showing Sydney Post Office as the last destination. Asked Curious folks for either a new shipment or refund, have not heard back yet. Not very happy with their service no matter how good their cables are.

Jul 8, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #54 of 80
^^ The Australian Post tracking is slow to update:

https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search

Unlike FedEx and UPS where you have constant updates, the Post Office system only updates at major points. Once the package is in the air, you won't see any updates until it's in route from your local post office to the final destination. At least that was my experience.

The cables are made to order, so it takes some time as the precision soldering cannot be rushed.

They seem pretty stand up as I had to have my cable repaired that was a fault of my own and everything went well.

The communication though can sometimes be iffy.

When I sent my cable from USA -> Australia via Post Office for repair, it takes about 3 weeks till it arrives. If it shipped out from Sydney on the 21st, you probably have another good week to wait.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #55 of 80
^^ The Australian Post tracking is slow to update:

https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search

Unlike FedEx and UPS where you have constant updates, the Post Office system only updates at major points. Once the package is in the air, you won't see any updates until it's in route from your local post office to the final destination. At least that was my experience.

The cables are made to order, so it takes some time as the precision soldering cannot be rushed.

They seem pretty stand up as I had to have my cable repaired that was a fault of my own and everything went well.

The communication though can sometimes be iffy.

When I sent my cable from USA -> Australia via Post Office for repair, it takes about 3 weeks till it arrives. If it shipped out from Sydney on the 21st, you probably have another good week to wait.

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #57 of 80
I was a guy who not believe that cables matters so much. If they are decent. When my friend ask me to take my Schiit Gungnir MB and Schiit Mjolnir 2 and my hp´s with to test Curious Cable i was like ok (we test other things also).
I was like what a hell is happening here when Curious was there.
I have to say cables do matter and lot.
Thou i live in Finland so it is pretty expensive to get Curious cable here.
My question is, is there any like Audioquest (we have dealer here) cable what is near as good as Curious?

Jul 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #58 of 80
I was a guy who not believe that cables matters so much. If they are decent. When my friend ask me to take my Schiit Gungnir MB and Schiit Mjolnir 2 and my hp´s with to test Curious Cable i was like ok (we test other things also).
I was like what a hell is happening here when Curious was there.
I have to say cables do matter and lot.
Thou i live in Finland so it is pretty expensive to get Curious cable here.
My question is, is there any like Audioquest (we have dealer here) cable what is near as good as Curious?

From Audioquest, only the Audioquest Diamond will be close. There is a new version of the Diamond USB cable with a new DBS Carbon module. Audioquest discovered that the extra wire that runs down the cable for the DBS module can itself be an RF source. So they released two new DBS modules, of which the better one, the DBS carbon, has a high quality capacitor to suppress it.

Another popular one is the Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 that you will likely find a dealer in Finland.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #60 of 80
I bought a Curious USB 280mm Hugo Link. It runs from my Sonore microRendu to the Hugo.

Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Sonore microRendu > Curious USB 280mm Hugo Link > Chord Hugo > Senn HD 800 S or Senn IE800 or JH Audio Roxanne's

I'm happy with the cable. Sounds much better than my Moon Audio Blue USB Cable or any other USB cable that I have. The changes I hear are consistent with Rob Woodland's discussion on his site. Expensive, but glad I bought it.

I really like how the Senn's sound with the Hugo Link. The Senn IE800's really sing, even the treble.

Anyone compared the Curious Chord Hugo link to the Moon Audio Black Dragon USB and can communicate the findings?

@vo_obgyn, what other USB cables with Micro USB plug did you use? Thx.

I'm in the process to evaluate the best USB setup between my MacBookPro (15", i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Audirvana 3+/ Amarra 4 Plus) --> Intona Reference USB A->B --> Intona USB Isolator --> Moon Audio Black Dragon USB A->Micro --> Chord Mojo --> Headphones.

I think the weak link could be the Moon Audio Black Dragon USB cable??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back