Converting MP3 to Flac good or bad idea?
Dec 2, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #91 of 91
My Denafrips Terminator+ DAC allows files to be oversampled on the fly.
As in fact some DACs have done since digital audio was released to consumers and as pretty much all DACs did by the end of the 1980’s.
For example, and MP3 file can be over-sampled to the maximum rate the DAC can handle which is PCM1411.2 or PCM1536.
That‘s a little odd, 1411.2 isn’t over-sampled, it’s the data rate of stereo 16/44.1 and nearly all DACs, for over 25 years have oversampled many times that rate. Am I misunderstanding something you’ve stated?
I do like the oversampled sound on many files.
Not sure I understand this either, all digitally recorded sound is oversampled and why would anyone choose not to oversample on conversion (unless it’s DSD, which is effectively already oversampled)?
The why is unknown to me but I suspect that the gurus at Denafrips must have known something when they offered the oversampling vs. non-oversampling mode on their DACs.
That’s a contradiction, if they were “gurus” then they wouldn’t have offered “the oversampling vs non-oversampling mode on their DACs“, unless you mean “gurus” in the sense of gurus of audiophile marketing?
And, yes, it sounds different, more pleasing, or it could just be confirmation bias on my part.
Sorry but that doesn’t make any sense either. If “it could just be confirmation bias on your part“ then you cannot state “yes, it sounds different” because you don’t know if the sound is different or it’s just your bias.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back