CanJam SoCal 2023 (September 30-October 1)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #361 of 410
I'd say that starting the show right at 10:00a each day is definitely the way to go. :thumbsup:

Exhibitors are in their spots setting up both the day before, as well as the early morning of Saturday. And while attendees are absolutely not allowed entry outside of show hours, I can assure you that the exhibitors are in there testing and warming-up their gear. Some, having done their primary setup the day before, will even leave their rigs on overnight for warm-up. :bulb:💡

So essentially, starting the show later than 10:00a is simply tantamount to less listening time, which is not a good thing.

On that note, and at the risk of sounding repetitive, I want to remind everybody that CanJam time passes by very quickly. It's easy to think of the show as being two days long, but it actually breaks down to just 15 hours of possible listening time - none of which should be wasted IMHO. :smiley:

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #363 of 410
I'd say that starting the show right at 10:00a each day is definitely the way to go. :thumbsup:

Exhibitors are in their spots setting up both the day before, as well as the early morning of Saturday. And while attendees are absolutely not allowed entry outside of show hours, I can assure you that the exhibitors are in there testing and warming-up their gear. Some, having done their primary setup the day before, will even leave their rigs on overnight for warm-up. :bulb:💡

So essentially, starting the show later than 10:00a is simply tantamount to less listening time, which is not a good thing.

On that note, and at the risk of sounding repetitive, I want to remind everybody that CanJam time passes by very quickly. It's easy to think of the show as being two days long, but it actually breaks down to just 15 hours of possible listening time - none of which should be wasted IMHO. :smiley:

Fully agreed. CanJam NYC was my first experience and I definitely ran out of time. My mistake was thinking I can go back and hear what I was interested in later if I was tied up doing something like chatting with the vendors. I suggest you make a beeline straight for what you want to listen to and cross it off your list right away. Don't regret not listening to something!

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #364 of 410
Fully agreed. CanJam NYC was my first experience and I definitely ran out of time. My mistake was thinking I can go back and hear what I was interested in later if I was tied up doing something like chatting with the vendors. I suggest you make a beeline straight for what you want to listen to and cross it off your list right away. Don't regret not listening to something!

Right, exactly! And at the end of the show, regret hits hard... I know, I've been there many times myself. :cry:

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that we need to maniacally micromanage our time. If we always did that, we'd probably skip seminars, which do take up some time, but can also be enlightening and even revelatory. I'm only mentioning that we should value our time, and be mindful of it. :relaxed:

We definitely shouldn't come late for fear of gear not being warmed up enough. :wink::smile: Yes Levi, I'm looking at you there! For those that don't know, our friend Levi was so dedicated for his first CanJam SoCal back in 2015, that he came a whole day early!

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #365 of 410
you guys make this so hard
I am not convinced you're real. No one can be unhappy about canjam. It's just not possible.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #366 of 410
I am not convinced you're real. No one can be unhappy about canjam. It's just not possible.
It’s our wallet that’s unhappy about canjam

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #367 of 410
It's easy to think of the show as being two days long, but it actually breaks down to just 15 hours of possible listening time - none of which should be wasted IMHO.

CanJam NYC and SoCal really should be 3 days.. too much to demo and not enough time.. pleeeease? 🙏

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #368 of 410
CanJam SoCal 2023 Preview: Headphones, IEMs, And Head-Fi Electronics From All Over The World!

The best of Head-Fi -- headphones, IEMs, dongles, DAPs, DACs, cables, accessories -- from all over the world will be at CanJam SoCal 2023. And it's not just a gathering of gear, but a gathering of community members, in one of the most active Head-Fi communities in the world. Also, the seminar schedule is completely packed, with talks from industry legends and popular reviewers. CanJam SoCal takes place September 30th and October 1st, at the Irvine Marriott in Southern California!

CanJam SoCal 2023 Preview! - Produced by Brian Murphy, Jude Mansilla, and Joe Cwik

Amazing new Format.
I also love the Audition Tips Jude gave.
Even if the Meze Empyrean is "old" by now, certainly give it an audition with the new angled Alcantara pads!

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #370 of 410
CanJam NYC and SoCal really should be 3 days.. too much to demo and not enough time.. pleeeease? 🙏
Otherwise, we'll get a day early and have rogue private mini-meets...
Wait - that is exactly what we're doing!! :laughing:

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #371 of 410
2 more days till CJ.

I'll be seeing old friends today... starting to get really excited! :smiley: The run-up to CanJam makes me feel like this guy during his intro:

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #372 of 410
Looking forward to my second CanJam!! Last year SoCal was awesome. Somewhat of a blur … but great! Definitely could be a day longer to get time for everything.
Last year I was on a mission and entirely focused on finding an amp for my Sus. This year I’ll be more relaxed and just taking it all in. My system is pretty settled (if that’s a thing) and I’m not hunting for anything. Actually get a chance to sit in on a talk or two.
See you all soon! So excited to start my short vacation….I’ll actually be there tonight.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #373 of 410
Attention to all A-T wooden headphone fans!

Please make sure to drop by the booth over the weekend to hear the masterfully crafted W2022 as well as the new AWKG Kurogaki.

There will be other gear on display, come say hello.

@goldwerger & @HiFiHawaii808 I already know you’ll love the Kurogaki :slight_smile:

IMG_2073.png
IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

Last edited:
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 28, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #374 of 410
Gorgeous! 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back