BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Sep 16, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #4,816 of 5,353
You can micropore tape the vent on the bgvp zero to cure the lack of sub bass.

I do still feel the highs are too veiled compared to the shuoer tape, the zero sectional drawing shows filter fabric on the est, I have not popped the metal screen off yet but do think that mesh on the est could be removed to open up the top end, and drop it back down with a filter on the screen if needed.

New member (hi) but I do have a imm6 with just a vinyl tube coupler, and can get reasonable measurements with it. So comments based on change in graphs, and by ear.
Would you mind posting you graph for zero? :)

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #4,817 of 5,353
I recently got my hands on the grill modded H40. Loved the sound, hated the fit. Even with the grill mod, the bass was quite full or me, so can't imagine how would it have been in stock form. I compared it with my BGVP Artmagic DH3, which I very much love.

Soundstage and Presentation
H40 - Soundstage is very well rounded. Extend quite well in depth, and more in depth than in width. It is a quite holographic experience.
DH3 - Soundstage is more wide than deep. Depth is less than H40. Sounds a bit flatter compared to H40. However, because of less presence of subbass rumble, the presentation sounds more clean.

Separation and Imaging
H40 - It has much more air between different sounds, contributing to the holographic soundstage. Outstanding separation. Similarly outstanding imaging - different sources of sounds are very distinctly projected.
DH3 - Less air between different sounds, but nothing overlaps others. Good enough separation and acceptable air. Less impressive imaging, different sources are not that distinctly projected.

Bass
H40 - Meaty, full bodied, punchy, and has that sweet juicy rumble to give you the guilty pleasure. Gives a very enveloping feeling.
DH3 - Good punch, faster decay that makes the notes a bit drier than H40. Subbass has less focus than midbass. Midbass has good attack. No lingering presence of subbass rumble helps the presentation to stay clean. It is almost exactly what I look for in iems.

Mid:
H40 - Has good body and transparency. Nothing sounds fuzzy. Can be termed as warm, but not overly thick.
DH3 - Has slightly less body but equally transparent. Sounds slightly drier than H40, but absolutely not thin or cold. Less warm than H40 but has more edge to it.

High:
H40 - Transparent highs with good amount of body. Pretty similar to the Mid. Details are very good. Good extension.
DH3 - Similar to the mid, transparent with slightly less body, has more edge. Not at all thin or cold. Similarly good extension.

Fit:
H40 - Needs large ears to fit properly, sadly, I have average sized ears. Nozzle length is a bit shallow compared to the size. had to use large bore dual flange tips or large bore L sized tips to get the perfect fit. Not very comfortable for me.
DH3 - Extremely comfortable and snug fit. Even though the nozzle length is shallow, because of the much smaller size fits pretty good, while paired with the sky blue Vocal M tips.

Conclusion:
Wearing IEM for long time requires it to have a good fit, hence I'd have to choose DH3 over H40. Even though H40 is clearly superior in the sound department, has that juicy WOW factor, the comfort broke the deal.

P.s: H40 had very noticeable driver flex. DH3 has that too, but much less noticeable.

Sep 16, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #4,819 of 5,353
Would you mind posting you graph for zero? :)

I need to redo my spl calibration, take this with a grain of salt course, but here goes. White noise, 1/24 smoothing, same volume setting for all graphs, done back to back, only showing left side. Dayton imm6 with vinyl tube, small starline tip.

Taped back (the big mesh opening) boxed in the soundstage a little, not much change on the graph, no advantages to it.

bgvp zero L 1-24.jpg

bgvp zero L taped vent 1-24.jpg

bgvp zero L taped vent and back.jpg

20200916_133813.jpg

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #4,820 of 5,353
BTR5, using LDAC codec, both unbalanced and balanced (a bit better.)
It's the BTR5. Get a source supporting low impedance and the movie changes

Sep 16, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #4,822 of 5,353
That's a can of worms I haven't opened up yet, do have an 80 ohm impedence adapter I could try. Also have a sonata hd pro. Don't want to get too far off topic, but I suppose this is still relevant.
It is big time. Read my review about VG4 I posted it a few messages back... I can add that I recently could do the counter - check : pair VG4 with hiby R3PRO, R6PRO or hidizs ap80pro, all supporting 8 ohm + loads, and in all cases I got clean, unveiled output

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #4,826 of 5,353
Why does it look like this BA is not connected, and Also my shell is cracked, well i bought used it came like this the problem is that I am getting frequency imbalance on high notes above 5khz, what am I supposed to do, could it be because of the crack or the BA ain't connected, is there anyway I can send it to BGVP for repairs whatever is required or am I doomed now.

So the faceplate came apart how do I stick it. these are probably a year old, and I cannot afford new so bought them used after saving for like months, i feel like crap now, I'm ready to send these to china if BGVP could repair it. Please help if anyone.
The BA driver are connected correctly by just look on the photo, as the BGVP’s BA are based on 2 combine BA, so you need to make sure the two red wire is connect to the anode for each one of the BA, while the other two golden wire are connect to the cathode each of the BA as well.
If that is connected, I do not think there are any problem, So the problem may be the BA driver it self, or the crossover network connection.
The best way to fix it, is send it back to BGVP, because I don’t think any of the other place own the BGVP BA driver. But you can change the driver inside to other BA, I know the AURE did really good jobs for re-shell and adding the new BA, with out changing the tuning a lot, may even sound better.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #4,827 of 5,353
The BA driver are connected correctly by just look on the photo, as the BGVP’s BA are based on 2 combine BA, so you need to make sure the two red wire is connect to the anode for each one of the BA, while the other two golden wire are connect to the cathode each of the BA as well.
If that is connected, I do not think there are any problem, So the problem may be the BA driver it self, or the crossover network connection.
The best way to fix it, is send it back to BGVP, because I don’t think any of the other place own the BGVP BA driver. But you can change the driver inside to other BA, I know the AURE did really good jobs for re-shell and adding the new BA, with out changing the tuning a lot, may even sound better.

Confirmed the BA's are connected, don't know why there's frequency imbalance.
Can you help me on how to send it to BGVP.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #4,828 of 5,353
Sep 24, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #4,830 of 5,353

Can anyone check this vid with multiple BA drivers and check the high notes are equal sounding on both ears, or there's a sweep.

I check on my VG4 and TSMR3 Pro.
Treble sound pretty equal for both ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back