Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation)
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #721 of 765
Anyone compared t1 3rd gen to denon d7200?
I have. Naytte nailed it when it comes to comfort. T5 headband extremely comfortable. Denon not at all.

As for sound, the T5 is better balanced. The Denon has very recessed vocals.

My one complaint for all the T5 models, I've got small ears. But the earpads hit the bottom of my earlobes, rubbing them and making it uncomfortable. Luckily you can swap them out for Dekoni solid leather pads. These up the comfort drastically. You'll have a mild change in tuning, basically slightly less intense overall as your ears are a little further away. Ups the soundstage width.

Over the years I've moved away from Beyerdynamic a bit as I find them a bit intense generally. All apart from the T5 models, which I personally think are the best Beyer headphones. I love them.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #722 of 765
I have. Naytte nailed it when it comes to comfort. T5 headband extremely comfortable. Denon not at all.

As for sound, the T5 is better balanced. The Denon has very recessed vocals.

My one complaint for all the T5 models, I've got small ears. But the earpads hit the bottom of my earlobes, rubbing them and making it uncomfortable. Luckily you can swap them out for Dekoni solid leather pads. These up the comfort drastically. You'll have a mild change in tuning, basically slightly less intense overall as your ears are a little further away. Ups the soundstage width.

Over the years I've moved away from Beyerdynamic a bit as I find them a bit intense generally. All apart from the T5 models, which I personally think are the best Beyer headphones. I love them.
Aside from recessed vocals which sound more detailed, full, large and organic?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #723 of 765
Aside from recessed vocals which sound more detailed, full, large and organic?
I'd say they're pretty even overall. The Denon are good. Probably the slightly more organic. But they're both full and detailed. They feel like they're in the same bracket. The T5 is more spacious to my ears, not much in it though.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #724 of 765
I'd say they're pretty even overall. The Denon are good. Probably the slightly more organic. But they're both full and detailed. They feel like they're in the same bracket. The T5 is more spacious to my ears, not much in it though.
Thanks bro for this comparison
Whats your most favourite closed back that you have listened to?

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #725 of 765
Thanks bro for this comparison
Whats your most favourite closed back that you have listened to?
Verite Closed by far. Fantastic headphone. I haven't heard any other ZMF closed backs, I've owned several of their open backs.

I'm very tempted to try the ZMF Bokeh. I'm fairly confident they're a step above the ones we've discussed. ZMF headphones have a really full sound and wonderful timbre.

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #726 of 765
Verite Closed by far. Fantastic headphone. I haven't heard any other ZMF closed backs, I've owned several of their open backs.

I'm very tempted to try the ZMF Bokeh. I'm fairly confident they're a step above the ones we've discussed. ZMF headphones have a really full sound and wonderful timbre.
Nice, i will like to listen to verite closed but its not available in my country to try. How much verite closed better than these above mentioned headphones?
I have d7200 and i thought i should upgrade it to t5p 3rd but i think i will have to save more for sony z1r or zmf line

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #727 of 765
Nice, i will like to listen to verite closed but its not available in my country to try. How much verite closed better than these above mentioned headphones?
I have d7200 and i thought i should upgrade it to t5p 3rd but i think i will have to save more for sony z1r or zmf line
The T5 is a sideways move. I prefer it out of the two, but many others would no doubt say the opposite. If you can find it for a good price then it's worth trying.

Apr 29, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #728 of 765
One headphone I thought I'd mention for you. If you're looking for a headphone that has an excellent tuning, and doesn't need an amp or DAC to sound great. Consider the Focal Bathys. It sounds good over Bluetooth, but when used with the USB cable and run in DAC mode (has to be over USB), it's really surprising how good it sounds. To the point it would be top of my recommendation list for anyone who just wants one closed back headphone.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #729 of 765
One headphone I thought I'd mention for you. If you're looking for a headphone that has an excellent tuning, and doesn't need an amp or DAC to sound great. Consider the Focal Bathys. It sounds good over Bluetooth, but when used with the USB cable and run in DAC mode (has to be over USB), it's really surprising how good it sounds. To the point it would be top of my recommendation list for anyone who just wants one closed back headphone.
My top concern is sound quality, are they better than denon or beyer in sound? I don't mind wires etc

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #730 of 765
My top concern is sound quality, are they better than denon or beyer in sound? I don't mind wires etc
Again it's on a par with them. The problem with headphones mid tier and above, they're all similar in quality. It's more about personal preference at that point. No headphones has everything. Is your preference perceived detail, soundstage, imaging, dynamics, bass extension, tuning, comfort, etc, etc.

To find a headphone that suits you, it helps to know what your preferences are.

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #731 of 765
Again it's on a par with them. The problem with headphones mid tier and above, they're all similar in quality. It's more about personal preference at that point. No headphones has everything. Is your preference perceived detail, soundstage, imaging, dynamics, bass extension, tuning, comfort, etc, etc.

To find a headphone that suits you, it helps to know what your preferences are.
Perfect answer!
I will try them all and compare them with denon d7200
Thanks bro 👊

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #732 of 765
Hello, please advise on a DAP for beyerdynamic T5 3 generation. For instrumental music classical, jazz, rock. Now I have astell kern se 180, as I think it does not have enough power, the sound is flat, it lacks body, not much bass and treble sharp. I'm looking at astell kern kann ultra or se300

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #733 of 765
Hello, please advise on a DAP for beyerdynamic T5 3 generation. For instrumental music classical, jazz, rock. Now I have astell kern se 180, as I think it does not have enough power, the sound is flat, it lacks body, not much bass and treble sharp. I'm looking at astell kern kann ultra or se300
While I don’t know the T5 gen 3, past versions were easy to drive. There was even a coop between Beyer and A&K for a T5 version sold by A&K. Some of the A&K models I used to own did have a bit thin sound though… so maybe take a look at other manufacturers altogether.

Your T5 sounds as expected with other sources? If not, does the cable sit correctly?

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #734 of 765

These headphones should get pretty far with your AK se 180. Don't know how much improvement you will get for sitting a lot of money versus trying EQ settings for free.

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #735 of 765
While I don’t know the T5 gen 3, past versions were easy to drive. There was even a coop between Beyer and A&K for a T5 version sold by A&K. Some of the A&K models I used to own did have a bit thin sound though… so maybe take a look at other manufacturers altogether.

Your T5 sounds as expected with other sources? If not, does the cable sit correctly?
Unfortunately no chance to compare with stationary equipment or other dap yet. I use a balanced connection with a sem 3 module

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back