Audeze LCD2 with ALO LUX-FEP 18awg Cable
May 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

Audio Line Out / 32 Ohm Audio will be carrying the amazing LCD2. We are also producing cable for the LCD2 featuring our new LUX-FEP OCC 18awg cable, terminated to Cardas GRQ SS Gold / Rhodium 1/4 plug. Please email me for this cable.

Early "cliff notes on the LCD2 with the Cable. The LCD2 is like a "velvet hammer", with a soft bass slam and massive mids yet still being super soft and controlled and almost delicate if I may say! I think it is this that makes the LCD2 so special. The proof is in the low volume listening, very few headphones can do low level listening like the LCD2 can, very nice and a real treat for people like me that dont like to listen for long session at high volumes. Cello is divine, classical music is done so well with the LCD2s, more later.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 26, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 80
I am most definitely NOT a cable guy, some may even call me the "anti-cable" guy but last night I had the good fortune to hear the LCD2 with its stock cable and with Ken's ultra copper cable. I was biased to start as I love the LCD2 and didn't feel that a simple cable could change their sound enough to warrant any further fussing. Well , I will eat crow and take back my bias. The LCD2 is a superb headphone, it does in fact get even better with his cable. How electrons moving down one piece of copper vs another can change or affect the behaviour of the subjective response of the driver is beyond me. I get capacitance, resistance and inductance influence on the signal but this was unexpected. It sounded even more airy and articulate. Crow doesn't taste that good, am off for some pie ..dB 

May 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 80

Quote:

Audio Line Out / 32 Ohm Audio will be carrying the amazing LCD2. We are also producing cable for the LCD2 featuring our new LUX-FEP OCC 18awg cable, terminated to Cardas GRQ SS Gold / Rhodium 1/4 plug. Please email me for this cable.

Early "cliff notes on the LCD2 with the Cable. The LCD2 is like a "velvet hammer", with a soft bass slam and massive mids yet still being super soft and controlled and almost delicate if I may say! I think it is this that makes the LCD2 so special. The proof is in the low volume listening, very few headphones can do low level listening like the LCD2 can, very nice and a real treat for people like me that dont like to listen for long session at high volumes. Cello is divine, classical music is done so well with the LCD2s, more later.

Ken

It's a good thing you chose to use the word "delicate" and not "polite" as I did the other day.  
basshead.gif

This new cable from Ken, does, to my ears, allow the LCD-2 to deliver yet a higher level of resolution, inner detail, and air, than the stock cable.  Like dBel84, I can't explain how it works, but I know what I hear.
Well done Ken!
kevin

May 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 80
Hey Thanks guys,

That was a great mini micro meet, please lets do it again soon. I will have the Bursons back in at the shop next week to play with as well as my Isabella back from getting a DAC board put in it. Donald wish you were not moving but also wish you all the best for the new scenery and professorship. !

It was certainly unbelievable to see the all the heavyweights being taken down and dismantled by the LCD2s, wow.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 27, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 80

Quote:
Hey Thanks guys,

That was a great mini micro meet, please lets do it again soon. I will have the Bursons back in at the shop next week to play with as well as my Isabella back from getting a DAC board put in it. Donald wish you were not moving but also wish you all the best for the new scenery and professorship. !

It was certainly unbelievable to see the all the heavyweights being taken down and dismantled by the LCD2s, wow.

Ken

Thanks for being the gracious host Ken. What a totally awesome evening. Indeed, the LCD-2 laid waste to everything in its wake.  can't wait to take your cable out on a extended loan when my LCD-2s arrive.
I should have a new Cavalli Audio amp built up by this weekend that I think will totally kill with the LCD-2s..if I get around to finishing it, will bring it by next time.

May 27, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 80

Quote:

Thanks for being the gracious host Ken. What a totally awesome evening. Indeed, the LCD-2 laid waste to everything in its wake.  can't wait to take your cable out on a extended loan when my LCD-2s arrive.
I should have a new Cavalli Audio amp built up by this weekend that I think will totally kill with the LCD-2s..if I get around to finishing it, will bring it by next time.

But the Cavalli Audio amp that we need you to finish first only drives stats!

May 27, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #11 of 80

Quote:
Ken, can I trade my AKG K1000 with you for a set of these?  I can wait till after CanJam.  
tongue_smile.gif

Hey Larry,

I have some K1000s, I should sell em. Curious cat removed the notch filter to see what would happen, lesson found there is a reason for a notch filter
wink_face.gif

KB

May 27, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #12 of 80
Sachu

Nice... cant wait to hear that. Yes totally please let me know when she will be in bound and I will get the cable to you. mine is still breaking in so its moving around a bit.

Ken

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #13 of 80
I wanted to chime in here. I am lucky enough to have the LCD-2's with Ken's new cable. Everyday is a new listening experience. I am able to go back to all kinds of music and re-experience it. The LCD-2's stock cable is nice and my ears probably would have adjusted but when I demoed the cans with Ken's cable. It was night & day. They opened right up. Vocals and guitars really benefited from this. It is a must have. If you can get a set of the phones. You need this cable!
M

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #14 of 80
it's nice to hear that the cable improves the performance of these highly touted phones. how much is it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back