Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #33 of 7,353
It looks really cool. However, open back is.... 
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #34 of 7,353
  They look so awesome! Nothing less from Audeze, they always feature some of my favorite aesthetic choices. I really want a pair but I don't really have the dough to really do it.... looks like I need to hold a yard sale :wink:

I hope the earphones dont just come with the lightning cable as I havent used an Apple device since my ipod nano.

You'll find both analog and Lightning cables in the package.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 1, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #36 of 7,353
I might be different, but I'm quite happy with it being open back. Sure, it's not something to wear on the street, but if I could travel with Audeze sound and enjoy it in the hotel room, that will be awesome. Open back also means no annoying vacuum effect that present in many isolated IEM. :)

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #37 of 7,353
That kind of takes away the purpose of IEM's, hopefully they come out with a closed back.

I agree and I don't.

The only reason I use iems is because they are convenient to transport.

In the office, for me at least, I am regularly having to pull one iem out or listen with one out for extended periods.

These will be perfect for me. I love the lcd 2/3 and sine sound. So just hoping these don't sound like the el8 hehe

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #38 of 7,353
I might be different, but I'm quite happy with it being open back. Sure, it's not something to wear on the street, but if I could travel with Audeze sound and enjoy it in the hotel room, that will be awesome. Open back also means no annoying vacuum effect that present in many isolated IEM. :)

I'd rather bring my headphones they look more comfortable and don't really take up too much space in a backpack. If they were closed I could use them in so many more situations they'd be worth buying.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #39 of 7,353
Haven't been this excited about any headphones in a long time. I live in NYC and walk/run 5-15mi a day on average and listen to music the entire time. Being able to at least somewhat hear whats going on around me is an absolute must, and after hearing the sine w/ Cipher cable I'm beyond excited for these. Going to purchase ASAP.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #40 of 7,353
Haven't been this excited about any headphones in a long time. I live in NYC and walk/run 5-15mi a day on average and listen to music the entire time. Being able to at least somewhat hear whats going on around me is an absolute must, and after hearing the sine w/ Cipher cable I'm beyond excited for these. Going to purchase ASAP.

Living in NYC as well, how high will you have to have the volume to even hear anything with an open headphone unless your running through Central Park extremely early or late. I'd try any open headphone first in NYC, even trying to listen to an open headphone on my balcony doesn't work.

They also don't look like they'd sit still well for a run.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #41 of 7,353
Mamma Mia...
I need to check myself in a rehab, im buying way too many headphones and all I think is that I need more....

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #42 of 7,353
I'd rather bring my headphones they look more comfortable and don't really take up too much space in a backpack. If they were closed I could use them in so many more situations they'd be worth buying.

What headphone that you will throw in your backpack? In my case, my Sine is living in separate hardcase when I took it around, wouldn't want to risk $450 headphone against all odds that can happen inside a backpack. :D

If iSine can compete or even beat Sine soundwise, I think it's a winner and I'll possibly let go of Sine. For me, it is easier for me to take one isolated IEM and one iSine, than taking a headphone around. YMMV :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back