Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Apr 24, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #31 of 2,750
Introducing the SR25, the 2nd player in the Astell&Kern A&norma line. Features include Dual Cirrus Logic CS43198 DACs, 32-bit/384KHz PCM and DSD256 native playback. 64GB of internal memory with support for 1TB microSD cards, a 3.7-inch HD touchscreen, OpenApp and MQA. A first for Astell&Kern players, the SR25 supports both aptX HD and LDAC Bluetooth streaming to compatible wireless headphones, speakers and IEMs. The SR25 more than doubles the playback time of the SR15 with 21 hours of continuous playback on a single charge. Available May 2020 for $699.

Is the output stage the same as SR15 or upgrade? (i.e. what comes after the dual DAC).

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #32 of 2,750
Good things is demo arrived in Thailand.

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #33 of 2,750
Additional playback time is admirable in the current DAP climate but the same DAC chips and output Vrms is a bit disappointing. Will look out for reviews and comparisons before contemplating buying.

Apr 24, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #34 of 2,750
Still no 4.4mm Jack! Will you ever learn Astell & Kern?

Apr 24, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #35 of 2,750
Still no 4.4mm Jack! Will you ever learn Astell & Kern?

Why would they change when they were the ones who introduced the 2.5mm? Most of their userbase have already terminated their cables to 2.5mm, changing to 4.4mm will frustrate their fanbase.

Apr 24, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #36 of 2,750
I can't seem to find any information that indicates whether this player has dual-band Wi-Fi or not. One shortfall for me with the SR15 was that my workplace only has 5G wifi so I couldn't use my Qobuz app. Its not a huge deal-breaker because I just played music off my MicroSD card but it is nice every once in a while to use Qobuz for music discovery. I do prefer the sound signature of my SR15 to my Hiby R6 Pro but the Hiby really is superior for streaming (its dual band btw) while bypassing the Android OS resampling.

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #37 of 2,750
Introducing the SR25, the 2nd player in the Astell&Kern A&norma line. Features include Dual Cirrus Logic CS43198 DACs, 32-bit/384KHz PCM and DSD256 native playback. 64GB of internal memory with support for 1TB microSD cards, a 3.7-inch HD touchscreen, OpenApp and MQA. A first for Astell&Kern players, the SR25 supports both aptX HD and LDAC Bluetooth streaming to compatible wireless headphones, speakers and IEMs. The SR25 more than doubles the playback time of the SR15 with 21 hours of continuous playback on a single charge. Available May 2020 for $699.

does the CN firmware for SR25 support english?

understand that chinese streaming apps will only work on chinese firmware, is there a workaround this?

or basically i'm stuck with english only service apps (buying from singapore)

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #38 of 2,750
does the CN firmware for SR25 support english?

understand that chinese streaming apps will only work on chinese firmware, is there a workaround this?

or basically i'm stuck with english only service apps (buying from singapore)

CM
- Country : All countries not supported by CN firmware such as Europe, USA, Japan, Russia
- Language : English, Korean, Japanese, Russian, German, French
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Japanese, Russian

CN
- Language: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 24, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #39 of 2,750
CM
- Country : All countries not supported by CN firmware such as Europe, USA, Japan, Russia
- Language : English, Korean, Japanese, Russian, German, French
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Japanese, Russian

CN
- Language: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
- Keyboard: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional

awsome, thanks Jason!

Apr 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #40 of 2,750
AK deliberately engineer products to slot in-between their other products, sound quality wise, in order to not sabotage sales of their other products. This will be better than SR15 but no better than the SA700 as that is still a recent release.

At what point does A&K "abandon" slotting in reference to older premium models?

For example, even an only slightly older model, like the SE100, which was around $1,600, at what point will a cheaper model, such as the SA700, or now even the SR25, will be "allowed" to exceed the SE100?

Apr 24, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #41 of 2,750
[
At what point does A&K "abandon" slotting in reference to older premium models?

For example, even an only slightly older model, like the SE100, which was around $1,600, at what point will a cheaper model, such as the SA700, or now even the SR25, will be "allowed" to exceed the SE100?

Only when a model is no longer being produced and is EOL like the 3 series for example. SE100 is still a current production model so nothing AK makes cheaper than it will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back