aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
May 15, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #2,132 of 2,169
I already contacted them a few weeks ago. They released an update. I downloaded the most recent driver and firmware update on my PC. I try to open and run the application but nothing is established. Extracting and running as administrator do nothing. I tried every download link they have after no luck with the newest links. Either my PC warns me not to run any file from Eppfun, to cannot read file and to try and run the file through a windows app from explorer or video player. I'm done with this transmitter.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #2,134 of 2,169
After more testing the Eppfun AK3040 Pro Max makes Aptx Lossless unusable as it randomly cuts out of paired with a phone. Can't download firmware properly and with no instructions how to either.

Getting FlooGoo FMA120 now​

I can confirm that after updating the AK3040 Pro Max, I had no more cut offs with Lossless audio!

May 15, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #2,136 of 2,169
I already contacted them a few weeks ago. They released an update. I downloaded the most recent driver and firmware update on my PC. I try to open and run the application but nothing is established. Extracting and running as administrator do nothing. I tried every download link they have after no luck with the newest links. Either my PC warns me not to run any file from Eppfun, to cannot read file and to try and run the file through a windows app from explorer or video player. I'm done with this transmitter.
I don't know if u can go step by step with me on how to properly update the AK3040 Pro Max.
I had similar issue initially. Instead of clicking the file that has Application extension, click on file called Start that had a weird .bat extension. Proceed if windows gives alert.

May 16, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #2,137 of 2,169
I don't know if u can go step by step with me on how to properly update the AK3040 Pro Max.
I had similar issue initially. Instead of clicking the file that has Application extension, click on file called Start that had a weird .bat extension. Proceed if windows gives alert.

There's a guideline pdf in the downloaded zip file.

These are the steps (copied from the PDF):
1. Insert the AK3040Pro MAX into the computer (or adapter), open Start.bat, select “y”, and press enter.
2. Upgrade started, wait for completion (approximately 1 minute)
3. Upgrade completed, upgrade bin succeeded (approximately 1-2 minutes)
4. Unplug the USB and it can be used normally.

May 16, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #2,139 of 2,169
Forgot to update this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aptx-adaptive-aptx-lossless-usb-transmitters.961856/post-17564084

BT-W5 on S23 Ultra via Poweramp configured to output 24/96.

Happy to note that 2 weeks ago retried UAAP out of curiosity and it works perfectly as a USB DAC without problems/dropouts. Of which it was the problem before.
Need to disable High quality DSD conversion under Settings > USB Audio to avoid dropouts.

So using again UAPP as my app of choice.

ZMU55wz.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #2,141 of 2,169
Sorry don't have Iphone..

May 16, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #2,144 of 2,169
Do you know if the BT-W5 worked with an iPhone 15 Pro (USB-C)?

Thanks

Torben

Yes, it works on my iPhone 15 Pro as well as my iPad mini 6. Of course you have to configure on a PC or Mac, but the settings are saved on the device.

May 16, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #2,145 of 2,169
There's a guideline pdf in the downloaded zip file.

These are the steps (copied from the PDF):
1. Insert the AK3040Pro MAX into the computer (or adapter), open Start.bat, select “y”, and press enter.
2. Upgrade started, wait for completion (approximately 1 minute)
3. Upgrade completed, upgrade bin succeeded (approximately 1-2 minutes)
4. Unplug the USB and it can be used normally.
Thank you. Was a little confused but had to extract the file 1st. I'm about to try the dongle in my walk and will see how that goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back