Anyone in Michigan around the Metro Detroit area?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 42
If you guys are going to do a meet around the Metro Detroit area, I'd be willing to fly there from California for it. :relaxed:

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 42
If you guys are going to do a meet around the Metro Detroit area, I'd be willing to fly there from California for it. :relaxed:
I think there is great demand for a MI meet-up. I am indeed interested to say the least. I’ve seen a meet-up at paulson’s. Maybe we can recreate this. Or maybe I can contact one of the two best headphone brick and mortars in Ann Arbor. Better yet, Jude runs this site out of Livonia near my home, maybe he has some ideas for local meet-ups

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #19 of 42
Paulson's is usually a good time, for sure. And they have some space.
Sounds fun. I lack the connections to make something like that happen. Is there interest from HQ to have a local meet up in the near future?

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 42
Sep 29, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #23 of 42
I think there is great demand for a MI meet-up. I am indeed interested to say the least. I’ve seen a meet-up at paulson’s. Maybe we can recreate this. Or maybe I can contact one of the two best headphone brick and mortars in Ann Arbor. Better yet, Jude runs this site out of Livonia near my home, maybe he has some ideas for local meet-ups

I was actually supposed to attend a MI meet years ago, but I had a flight mix-up and couldn't make it. Maybe I can make up for it now? :relaxed:

Yeah, but you're weird, so...

You used to like that about me... :cry:

Sep 29, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #24 of 42
I vote Ann Arbor for a selfish reason...

It would be a short drive for me :sunglasses:
Same for me, Ann Arbor is closer to Adrian. Depending on where in the Detriot or surrounding areas and traffic it might take me an hour or two get there. Then again I have driven to Ikea (canton I believe?), Microcenter or Gibralter trade center when it was open just to look around.

I don't care for driving in Detriot though. For whatever reason I think people believe traffic laws don't exist there lol. Depends on the area though.

I will probably be a nervous wreck by the time I get there but its nothing xanax or klonopin won't fix lol. As long as the event lasts 4-6 hours I would be fine. I would be ok either way really I would just have to deal with the anxiety is all.

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #25 of 42
I avoid Detroit and surrounding suburbs if possible. I was in Denver last week and their highways are fairly complex to navigate, but the speed limits are 55-65 and people actually obey them.

In southeast Michigan if you ain't doing 85 you're slow.

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #26 of 42
There’s only really a few options unless we want to meet up at a non-audio focused location/ business. There is paulson’s obviously (Farmington hills), audio dimensions (Royal Oak), paragon, and overture (Ann Arbor). All but paulson’s are rather small. I can reach out to each to see if they are even interested in principle. Then I can make a poll here on where and when. I’m thinking canjam LA just wrapped up (so sad I couldn’t go 😣) so maybe we can plan I. A couple months, maybe early December or even after the holidays. I am willing to do a lot of the leg work (what ever that means) to make it happen. I just am sick of being alone on my computer exploring headphones. It would be really cool to actually meet other enthusiasts 😁

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #27 of 42
Any of those work for me as long as I have an adress to plug into my GPS. I like the idea of it being at an audio place as well because I also like to drool over home audio gear. I didn't know these others existed, I only knew of Paragon. And I will actually probably be moving soon so heck I might end up living closer to some of these areas. I would like to stay in adrian but I need income based housing (I'm on SSI) so I may have to re locate in order to find something available. Or I could be living in my car lol. Possibly move to Ohio like Toledo or something as well but I would still be interested.

Again, I really have nothing to offer for an event like this. My set up is very small and basic. Modi3+ with an Asgard 3 and some Sundara's and akg 371's. And I don't know much about the headphone world really. I would be there mostly to observe and maybe meet some new people. I don't interact with "real" people very often, its mostly on the internet. It might do me some good to have some actual human interaction.

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #28 of 42
I don't care for driving in Detriot though. For whatever reason I think people believe traffic laws don't exist there lol. Depends on the area though.
I avoid Detroit and surrounding suburbs if possible.
In southeast Michigan if you ain't doing 85 you're slow.

Vegas can be a harrowing and exhilarating experience as well...

I’m thinking canjam LA just wrapped up (so sad I couldn’t go 😣) so maybe we can plan.

Was so fun! We'll have to get you out there someday, or maybe CanJam NYC as that's next! :relaxed:

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #29 of 42
Overture moved to a new location earlier this year or late last year. It looks to be larger than their last location.

Paragon is rather small and the space they do have is packed with stuff.

Been there twice, including once during CES. Never drove but the taxi's are maniacs.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #30 of 42
Overture moved to a new location earlier this year or late last year. It looks to be larger than their last location.

Paragon is rather small and the space they do have is packed with stuff.
I was just there a few months ago. It’s not tiny, they got a few rooms but depending on expected attendance, space may be an issue.

Was so fun! We'll have to get you out there someday, or maybe CanJam NYC as that's next! :relaxed:
I’m definitely interested in canjam NY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back