Announcement: The Edition 6 is Dead
Mar 10, 2017 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 314

The HIFIMAN Edition 6 prototype version 2 received high appraise at headphone events in New York and Los Angeles. However, we knew we could do better still. The Edition 6 prototype version 4 now enjoys an even greater acoustic talent than its predecessors. HIFIMAN now considers the that Edition 6 has  surpassed any product in our HE or EDITION lines in terms of acoustic performance.  We felt such performance deserved a dedicated model name if we could find one befitting its station and we have finally found one: SUSVARA. In Sanskrit, SUSVARA means all the world's harmonious and melodious sounds. The prior model title of "Edition 6" is no longer, from here on out.

Edition 6 is dead, long live SUSVARA!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 15, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #2 of 314
No one has responded to this post? Ed6 is a nicer name for me to refer to the hp. The new name is a mouthful. Is Hifiman going the way of  Schiit Norse/Scandinavian mythology names and replace Sanskrit names for your hp? 

I heard the Ed6 at CanJam Singpapore over the weekend. It sounded great. What prototype version was it?

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 314
HiFiMAN needed to distance themselves from Google search results when searching for HiFiMAN Edition 6. They wisely renamed the product and implied that new iterations made it totally different.

Some FR graphs, THD plots, and sensitivity/impedance figures would be nice!

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 314

It does look nice to me. I just hope the appearance on these pictures somehow corresponds to the physical build quality (from my not so great experience with the HE1000).

It would be great if you could post the most important technical data here – and if available a frequency response graph including THD curves.

From the 84 dB sensitivity figure (with 1 volt, or what is it related to?) I take it that it will be hard to drive. How would it pair with a Chord DAVE in direct-drive mode?

One more question: What exactly is the reason for the extremely low sensitivity, i.e. what design features (meant for improving the sound quality) are responsible for it?

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 314
More smoke and mirrors from HFM. Let's rename the headphone so google searches don't reveal it's drama filled history.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #13 of 314

What happened to RE2000?

the new name is RE2000 Dollars

well ppl were wrongly assuming the names were relented to the respective price points, edition 6 -> 6000 dollars, re2000 -> 2000 dollars, i guess because of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjlDRV8ao6g&feature=youtu.be&t=98

obviously a completely absurd assumption since we know the respective prices are 5999.99 dollars and 1999.99 dollars

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #14 of 314
I look forward to seeing more notes on quality, testing, pricing etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back