Aliexpress Cables
Jun 28, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #16 of 4,415
Jun 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #17 of 4,415
My Google Nest router has a hard-wired cord so no upgrades there I'm afraid.

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #18 of 4,415
My Google Nest router has a hard-wired cord so no upgrades there I'm afraid.
Ah ok, forgot you mentioned you were using a google nest.

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #19 of 4,415
I've ordered a few iem cables and a couple cables for zmf from aliexpress and have generally been pretty happy. Some issues will pop up, like I got a balanced cable that wasn't assembled correctly so I had to take apart one of the connectors and make sure it was lined up.

The only TRULY negative experience I've had is with the "Queenway" store. Ordered a specific i2s cable from them, of course it didn't work (wasn't wired correctly) and got put through the ringer trying to get them to accept a return. I had to send videos of the cable not working. Videos. Stupid. Eventually had to go through my CC to get a refund, they never accepted they wired it wrong and first blamed my dac, then my ddc.

Avoid Queenway.

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #20 of 4,415
I've ordered a few iem cables and a couple cables for zmf from aliexpress and have generally been pretty happy. Some issues will pop up, like I got a balanced cable that wasn't assembled correctly so I had to take apart one of the connectors and make sure it was lined up.

The only TRULY negative experience I've had is with the "Queenway" store. Ordered a specific i2s cable from them, of course it didn't work (wasn't wired correctly) and got put through the ringer trying to get them to accept a return. I had to send videos of the cable not working. Videos. Stupid. Eventually had to go through my CC to get a refund, they never accepted they wired it wrong and first blamed my dac, then my ddc.

Avoid Queenway.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #21 of 4,415

Avoid Queenway.
I've been ordering stuff here and there from aliexpress now for some 7-8 years now I think, can't remember exactly when.

I've also come across more than a few nasty sellers. Its very different now though. They realize how valuable the American consumer is now and aliexpress wants us to spend without worry.

So if anyone has any problems, I can try to advise to the best of my ability of what I've done to get a refund with my orders.

Providing pics and video is kind of standard now with disputes on aliexpress. Just clearly explain and demonstrate whats wrong with it with a pic or video to the best of your ability and aliexpress will always give you the benefit of the doubt. And do not wait, as soon as you receive the item make sure to inspect it and make sure everything is in good order. There is a short window to dispute and get a full refund with free return shipping. Some of the nasty sellers will try to delay and buy time with excuses or promises so that you lose this window.

Don't fall for crap like this,
If you like the product ,you can buy it again, I will give some special benefits to you [Shake Hands]
H252bfcf9c8364eb58cb93eafc7ea8ab0e.png

Politely insist on a refund and/or return, alot of these guys are standoffish and don't respond well to threats so I wouldn't advise that, catch more flies with honey as they say.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #22 of 4,415
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
Lol :).

Me: The cable was wired incorrectly, there is no sound.
Queenway: what does it do when it is plugged in.
Me: Nothing. There is no sound. No lock light on the dac.
Queenway: Send a video.
Me: A video to show there is no sound.
Queenway: Yes.
Me: Sent a video.
Queenway: Is there sound now?
Me: ...

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #23 of 4,415
Lol :).

Me: The cable was wired incorrectly, there is no sound.
Queenway: what does it do when it is plugged in.
Me: Nothing. There is no sound. No lock light on the dac.
Queenway: Send a video.
Me: A video to show there is no sound.
Queenway: Yes.
Me: Sent a video.
Queenway: Is there sound now?
Me: ...
Haha that brings back some memories.

There was one seller I ordered a set of rcas from and there was a channel imbalance with the cables, volume on one side was louder than the other for some reason, one might have been a coaxial cable now that I think about it.

Anyway I took a video with a microphone and tone generator to show the decibel level on my monitor and I told the seller, I'm gonna have to file a dispute.

I don't remember exactly what he said but it was something like this,

"Oh why don't you go ahead, I'm so scared"

I got a full refund plus free return shipping.

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #24 of 4,415
I've got a hd800 cable that has a similar imbalance; the left side has much lower volume than the right. I thought about sending it back to them but they didn't offer free shipping, and the cost was about the same as the cable. I'm going to try and fix it. My thought is something is soldered incorrectly, I just need to figure it out and fix it.

Jul 1, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #25 of 4,415
I've got a hd800 cable that has a similar imbalance; the left side has much lower volume than the right. I thought about sending it back to them but they didn't offer free shipping, and the cost was about the same as the cable. I'm going to try and fix it. My thought is something is soldered incorrectly, I just need to figure it out and fix it.
Ah that sucks.

For the more expensive stuff, I try to buy from sellers that offer this in the listing.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 01-04-53 78.0US $ 40% OFF Nordost Odin Gold Hifi Power Cord Audio Hig...png

It seems like they have warehouses setup for returns in the US, one seems to be Chicago. I'm guessing they bundle them together and ship all at once to minimize costs.

Jul 3, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #26 of 4,415
As I've connected by Innuos Zen Mini directly into my Naim NDX (and then sent to my Aqua DAC) I ordered an Odin coax knock-off. Was pretty darned cheap. Interested to see how it compares to my relatively affordable Van Den Hul.

Jul 3, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #27 of 4,415
As I've connected by Innuos Zen Mini directly into my Naim NDX (and then sent to my Aqua DAC) I ordered an Odin coax knock-off. Was pretty darned cheap. Interested to see how it compares to my relatively affordable Van Den Hul.
I ordered an Odin XLR, and I'm curious because I have an actual Red Dawn to compare it against.

Jul 3, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #28 of 4,415
I ordered an Odin XLR, and I'm curious because I have an actual Red Dawn to compare it against.
That'll be interesting.

I think it will sound better than the red dawn. I have the odin 1 xlrs that I bought several years ago. The odin 2 sounds a little better. They both sounded better than my wireworld silver eclipse 8 and jps labs superconductorfx cables.

Jul 3, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #29 of 4,415
I bought the same odin coax too, I don't have any use for it yet but I wanted to have it on hand because I want to get a DDC later on.

I figured might as well get it since it was $13 during the sale.

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #30 of 4,415
My Odin XLR knock-offs just arrived. I've hooked them up between my STAX amp and La Scala DAC and first impressions, baring in mind the cable is fresh and that I've never listened to this combo and the STAX have sat unused for about 6 months, it's...good? Great actually. Build quality is superb. Sound is crystal clear with gobs of detail. Have no idea how it compares to other cables as it's the only XLR I have on hand but so far I can't complain. Everything needs running in so let's see if it improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back