1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Nov 21, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,517 of 1,586
Please help!
How do you get the pads off w/o damaging the darn thing? (I've heard they aren't removable, but many folks seem to have done just that).
This thread might have the procedure, but it is over 100 pages long?
Please help!

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #1,518 of 1,586
Please help!
How do you get the pads off w/o damaging the darn thing? (I've heard they aren't removable, but many folks seem to have done just that).
Please help!
Use a dinner knife or blunt spudger to slowly go around the edge of the pads, lightly levering it until they come off. They're just glued on. You can't reuse the pads but you won't damage the headphones.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #1,519 of 1,586
Please help!
Please help!
Just carefully pry them off with a flat head tool. It’s actually a very simple procedure, and depending on the pads you’ve replacing them with, you will need to re use the plastic brackets from the old pads.

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #1,520 of 1,586
They're just glued on. You can't reuse the pads but you won't damage the headphones.
I'm assuming you can just glue the OEMs back on. That is, the stock pads that are gently pried off are not damaged (and still usable) after that brute-force removal -- yes?

Nov 22, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #1,522 of 1,586
I haven't heard of anyone doing that, when I removed mine the fabric at the back of the pads ripped.
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS H. KRYST!!
Well it's good that I asked before takin' the axe to it. Man, you bored modders are nuts!

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #1,523 of 1,586
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS H. KRYST!!
Well it's good that I asked before takin' the axe to it. Man, you bored modders are nuts!
Possibly 😆 but I found the stock pads made my ears too hot (I have that problem with overears in general) so switched to the oval pads designed for beats, also very similar to skullcandy pads. They're very comfortable but the double sided tape I used to attach them to the plastic rings won't stick properly so I have to handle them carefully. I need to redo the job at some point. I didn't notice any dramatic sound improvement.. it may have got worse, so I wouldn't bother if you're good with stock pads.

Nov 22, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #1,524 of 1,586
Well, I've had the 1More's for almost 2.5 yrs, and not many hours on them.
If I can ECONOMICALLY (and reversally) mod them -- say a cables -- so I can improve their compressed bass, that may worth some effort.
Maybe 1More will release an improved model.

Or, maybe it's time to move on ... the Sivga Oriole
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sivga-oriole.26172/reviews#review-29560

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #1,525 of 1,586
Well, I've had the 1More's for almost 2.5 yrs, and not many hours on them.
If I can ECONOMICALLY (and reversally) mod them -- say a cables -- so I can improve their compressed bass, that may worth some effort.
Maybe 1More will release an improved model.

Or, maybe it's time to move on ... the Sivga Oriole
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sivga-oriole.26172/reviews#review-29560
1More support got angry at me for even asking about replacement pads, so don't hold your breath. 🤣

Nov 23, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #1,526 of 1,586
1More support got angry at me for even asking about replacement pads, so don't hold your breath. 🤣
Number 1, A-holes, and more!! They must have outsourced the design to another engineering outfit. The marketing and distribution are entirely separate entities. I.e., The scum bags you dealt with! Effers!

Jan 1, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #1,528 of 1,586
Alright, my definitive fix was to replace the driver with one of my liking and now 1more triple has become 1less single :L3000:

The infamous titanium driver and cursed ceramic tweeter
Cu48gIu.jpg

It's perfect now, at least for my taste :beerchug:
K19Q1Mr.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #1,530 of 1,586
Since new, my Slivers have had a loose right-hand reflex plate. That round, plastic glassy thing you see behind "grille". Tried to tighten by dis-assembling, repositioning and reassembling with a bit more torque on the screws. Did not work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back