XDUoo XD05PRO
May 1, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #2,191 of 2,292
May 1, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #2,192 of 2,292
I am not sure if the MK9 is worth the money. It does improve the sonics, but the change is very subtle, only on the top end. If you AB. It's there. If you must squeeze out the last few percent of the SS3602 and HA8802. These will do that. If not, save the cash.
That sounds sensible advice. I would add you can do better than SS3602 if you're using external opamps anyway. SS2590s are a significant step up, for one. I have some additional opamps that just arrived to try over the coming few days.

May 1, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #2,195 of 2,292
On Taobao it’s listed as JPY 260 which translates to €1.5 ?
On AliExpress it’s €170 lmao
1714615920411.jpeg

The ¥260 is for the FM155 opamp.
The FM255 is ¥700.

May 2, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #2,198 of 2,292
Higher ? It’s exactly double on AliExpress.
Chinese markets know very well the west will pay anything for such niche products.
I only ordered from Taobao China, got many many items already from audio to household etc .. cheap & good.
IMG_20240502_161208.jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #2,200 of 2,292
Higher ? It’s exactly double on AliExpress.
Chinese markets know very well the west will pay anything for such niche products.
my understanding is like this:
the maker of the said opamp is UFEEL.
UFEEL does have an official store on TaoBao but they do not have an official store on AliExpress.
If you look at the seller of said opamp on AliExpress "Yi Fan 4.4 Store", they are like a third party reseller that sells all sorts of thing available in TaoBao but not available on AliExpress. Therefore, the price they put up of course will be higher than those official store selling on TaoBao.
They act like a middleman and charge higher price as they do not have their own stock, they also will have to order from the official store on TaoBao once they have incoming order on those items then only when they received the stock they will then mail the items to the buyers.
This sucks big time i know as China have a weird relationship with the rest of the world so nothing we can do about it.

May 2, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #2,201 of 2,292
my understanding is like this:
the maker of the said opamp is UFEEL.
UFEEL does have an official store on TaoBao but they do not have an official store on AliExpress.
If you look at the seller of said opamp on AliExpress "Yi Fan 4.4 Store", they are like a third party reseller that sells all sorts of thing available in TaoBao but not available on AliExpress. Therefore, the price they put up of course will be higher than those official store selling on TaoBao.
They act like a middleman and charge higher price as they do not have their own stock, they also will have to order from the official store on TaoBao once they have incoming order on those items then only when they received the stock they will then mail the items to the buyers.
This sucks big time i know as China have a weird relationship with the rest of the world so nothing we can do about it.
I'm loving in Singapore and Taobao is available here & allowed us to purchase directly from them.
Also being a Chinese, I'm able to read in Chinese as most of the stuffs there are in Chinese.

May 2, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #2,202 of 2,292
Also being a Chinese, I'm able to read in Chinese as most of the stuffs there are in Chinese.
Is this already supremacy?
Chinese market also offer a lot of fakes. Even OEM manufacturers place a lot of fake Nichicon caps and other counterfeit items.
Actually nothing really to discuss - UFEEL provide set of random adapter with no real explanation or measurements.
In my opinion this additional elements can only steal sound from you.

May 2, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #2,203 of 2,292
Is this already supremacy?
Chinese market also offer a lot of fakes. Even OEM manufacturers place a lot of fake Nichicon caps and other counterfeit items.
Actually nothing really to discuss - UFEEL provide set of random adapter with no real explanation or measurements.
In my opinion this additional elements can only steal sound from you.
I agreed Chinese markets got lots of fakes. That's why one needs to be careful buying from the right source. Even Sennheiser IE900 have fakes selling in European market too.
I having the same doubts on Ufeel products as well. But after I tried their Op-amps buffers, I can say I can clearly hear a audible improvements. I believe many that had used their Ufeel products can agree with me.
I don't really look at graphs or any measurements, they might look very impressive on paper but if it don't sounds good, what's the point?

May 2, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #2,204 of 2,292
I agreed Chinese markets got lots of fakes. That's why one needs to be careful buying from the right source. Even Sennheiser IE900 have fakes selling in European market too.
I having the same doubts on Ufeel products as well. But after I tried their Op-amps buffers, I can say I can clearly hear a audible improvements. I believe many that had used their Ufeel products can agree with me.
I don't really look at graphs or any measurements, they might look very impressive on paper but if it don't sounds good, what's the point?

IE900 fakes sold in European markets comes from China too, unlike the original which is made in Germany.

Audible improvements in Ufeel products compared to what if I may ask ?

May 2, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #2,205 of 2,292
I read their theory of their products, I think it is reasonable from circuit design point of view.
The other factor is, how it blends into XD05 pro AMP circuit design, sometimes direct replacing
may not be the best, maybe with the buffers plugin, it really makes difference if one can hear, then
the spending is worth it even it is just a tad "better". Aren't this the game that we all are in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back