ZMF Spring Limiteds, CanJam NYC and Estimated Release Schedule for Caldera Closed and BOKEH Open!
May 13, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #391 of 395
Thanks.
I have others from 4 different kind of tube amps around....

Even my DAC and PA have tubes in it.

Well, start shopping for 6SL7....any recommended brands....
Tung Sol, Linlai, WE, RCA, Mullard?

For American made, Tung-Sol, RCA, Ken-Rad, National Union, Sylvania are all great brands. The smoked RCAs are a solid affordable option. I'm personally interested in a pair of early JAN Sylvanias, somewhere in the middle in terms of cost. Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY and RCA 5691 are some of the most expensive, but they do sound great.

For UK made, Mullard (ECC35) and Brimar (CV1985) are great, but they are expensive.

If you really hate your wallet, you can try to find a pair of Italian Fivre 6SL7. The prices are outrageous.

May 13, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #392 of 395
For American made, Tung-Sol, RCA, Ken-Rad, National Union, Sylvania are all great brands. The smoked RCAs are a solid affordable option. I'm personally interested in a pair of early JAN Sylvanias, somewhere in the middle in terms of cost. Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY and RCA 5691 are some of the most expensive, but they do sound great.

For UK made, Mullard (ECC35) and Brimar (CV1985) are great, but they are expensive.

If you really hate your wallet, you can try to find a pair of Italian Fivre 6SL7. The prices are outrageous.
Thank you.
I will do some searching.....

May 14, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #395 of 395
Cool, Aegis is pretty flexible so you should be in a good shape. Let us know how they pair in the Aegis thread.
Really torn between this and zmf decware. This hobby I swear 😂

Need to demo both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back