ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
May 13, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #2,386 of 2,391
I have both and agree with @betula - "In my opinion it comes down to budget, how much you want to spend. The Bokeh is an absolutely fantastic deal for the money, but technicalities aside the Atrium still offers a more natural, even more lifelike listening experience.". When I really sit down to listen and get that lifelike listening experience, I always reach for the ACs!
I too have both and agree. the Bokeh is incredible value, hugely versatile and satisfying. If you get a pair, you're certainly not going to feel as if they're a compromise. And if, on the one hand, you need something that can easily be driven by a DAP or dongle in that sense they have the advantage over the ACs - which of course was part of the idea of them as genuinely transportable' ZMFs. You can run the ACs with a powerful DAP, but amp up them properly and you open up another dimension of sound. They are simply the best headphone I've ever heard.

A couple of other quick observations.

First, the Bokah case is fantastic. It's not exactly small, but very well made and thinner than anything that holds the cups of the headphones at right angles to the headband. As Zach has said somewhere, perfect for a backpack.

Secondly, there is a bit more colour variation in the current limba run than I'd anticipated. Mine turned out to be really quite dark (almost walnut-like). The lighter variants on the website look very different. If you ask, ZMF will generally try to accommodate preferences between the two.

May 13, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #2,387 of 2,391
Blasting some shoegaze on these off of my FiiO, quite insane how much punch these have at 70.

May 13, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #2,388 of 2,391
My Bokeh has a home.

bokehpalflag.jpg

May 13, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #2,391 of 2,391
I too have both and agree. the Bokeh is incredible value, hugely versatile and satisfying. If you get a pair, you're certainly not going to feel as if they're a compromise. And if, on the one hand, you need something that can easily be driven by a DAP or dongle in that sense they have the advantage over the ACs - which of course was part of the idea of them as genuinely transportable' ZMFs. You can run the ACs with a powerful DAP, but amp up them properly and you open up another dimension of sound. They are simply the best headphone I've ever heard.

A couple of other quick observations.

First, the Bokah case is fantastic. It's not exactly small, but very well made and thinner than anything that holds the cups of the headphones at right angles to the headband. As Zach has said somewhere, perfect for a backpack.

Secondly, there is a bit more colour variation in the current limba run than I'd anticipated. Mine turned out to be really quite dark (almost walnut-like). The lighter variants on the website look very different. If you ask, ZMF will generally try to accommodate preferences between the two.
Can you please share your color of the bokeh? I am not sure if I should get a lighter or darker color
The pictures in their site for the dark one seems orange and I am not sure of I will like them
But it they have darker like walnut I might consider
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back