Xduoo Amplifiers
May 31, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #2,012 of 2,013
This is going to sound crazy but can anyone compare xduoo with the Woo WA7? I want something tubey to sit next to my Burson Conductor, if I don't have to spend the Woo money I won't.

Really interested in the new TA-66
I'd suggest the ta20+ over the ta-66, it's still cheaper than the wa7 and has a nice warm sound that's tubey enough. Especially since you have a Conductor, the ta-66 will lose too many details for it to sit next to your burson. The ta20+ will give you that tube flavor while also not being so vastly inferior to your conductor that you won't turn it on. If you have the extra cash, I would also recommend the feliks echo mk ii.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #2,013 of 2,013
No problems with ECC81, just less gain. Have tried 82 and 83. 81 is the most musical(for me).
Using the ECC81 now for over 2 months.

Should be more scrared using a GZ34. Dont think the amp is made for these.
Many thanks for the idea with the ECC81! I did have 5 pairs of them at home, JJ, Jan, PSVane, Siemens and Telefunken 801. I didn't try the first two enjoyed the third and thought the Siemens are end of the game. But today I did put in the 801 and there was still a upgrade in detail, depth, dynamic. The TA20 plus is good enough to show you the differences between all the tubes - provided a good headphone like the Composer!
Next week I will get a modified 5az4 which should be even more detailed, neutral and threedimensional than the 5z4 I am using now.
I will report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back