Would the Balanced Desktop be able to drive my 340's well?
Oct 22, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 4
Depending on what you listen to, especially acoustic/jazz/trip-hop, I think the Balanced Desktop would do quite well. I tend to like the K340 at low-moderate volumes, and think the sound kind of falls apart with any amp above that, so take that into consideration. Crossfeed seems to be a necessity with this amp to fill out the K340 to a satisfactory level, though it's not without some relatively minor trade-offs. I have some notes on a Balanced Desktop with DAC setup vs. a single-ended setup comprised of a Monarchy M24 / Cayin HA-1A. Once I get them cleaned up I'll post my impressions.

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending on what you listen to, especially acoustic/jazz/trip-hop, I think the Balanced Desktop would do quite well. I tend to like the K340 at low-moderate volumes, and think the sound kind of falls apart with any amp above that, so take that into consideration. Crossfeed seems to be a necessity with this amp to fill out the K340 to a satisfactory level, though it's not without some relatively minor trade-offs. I have some notes on a Balanced Desktop with DAC setup vs. a single-ended setup comprised of a Monarchy M24 / Cayin HA-1A. Once I get them cleaned up I'll post my impressions.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back