Woo's New Flagship WA33
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #3,211 of 3,213
Both? Well that’s having cake and eating it as well. Congrats.
Thanks for the congrats - BUT - if I totally prefer one over the other, I will not be keeping both.
With that being said - the Envy has quite the job of impressing me to keep it over my WA33, or keeping both if they compliment each other enough for my tastes.

May 3, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #3,212 of 3,213
Arrived, GEC cv3789 driver tubes with Woo Audio custom adapters. Nice packaging (should be for the price!)
IMG_9726.jpeg
IMG_9728.jpeg

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #3,213 of 3,213
I wanted to share my experience with a Double Helix Prion XLR cable and its incompatibility with the WA33 socket. The Prion cable uses a Kryo XLR connector, which is known for its sturdiness but unfortunately, has a thicker barrel diameter compared to standard XLR connectors. This extra thickness prevented it from fitting into the WA33 socket.

I got this Prion cable second-hand at a good price, but it had been unused for a long time. In an attempt to make it compatible with the WA33 without changing the connectors was cutting the barrel of the male XLR connector, after careful measuring of length. It worked and is very good step up from JPS Labs Superconductor xlr, I did not even have to A/B them.

Lessons Learned, always double-check connector compatibility before purchasing or using any cables.

20240510_190205.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back