Which software do you use for playing music?
May 1, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #31 of 39
I have been searching and searching for a streaming device for local media and I believe I have found a "cheap" sollution.
I have tried the Fiio M17, A&K SP3000 and SR35, Wiim pro, ...
I had a lot of issues with commercial streamers like for example the ifi Stream. The software behind it could not handle a local library of let say 500+ songs which were stored on a simple ssd hard drive!

Now I am using a Linksys WRT1900AC with a 2TB SSD. This router can share external storage so it can act as a media server.

I am using Android usb audio player pro (which is connected via usb to one of my dac's). It seems to be working very well for the moment.

I had a lot of struggle to finally find something that's working. I am also paying attention to energy usage so I want to use the solllution that uses less energy.

I am mostly running all audio devices from a portable battery.

May 9, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #32 of 39
Tidal, as they have most of the music I listen to, and are the streaming services that pays the most to the artists. Also Plex when I want to stream my ripped CD'S or digital albums.

I'm testing Qobuz right now as well, but unfortunately some of my favorite albums are missing, which is a shame as I do like some of the features they offer.
Have you decided on Tidal or Qobuz? I’m facing same decision.

May 9, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #33 of 39
roon core

May 9, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #34 of 39
Roon as well, and hook it up with hqplayer!

May 9, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #36 of 39
May 9, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #37 of 39
Good idea, thanks....not for use though...I'm asking about a streaming service.
Sorry for not being clear. Actually, you can login your Tidal/Quobuz account within Roon to make it a streaming service

May 9, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #38 of 39
Sorry for not being clear. Actually, you can login your Tidal/Quobuz account within Roon to make it a streaming service
Kinda hard to get reception when 38,000 ft up in the air. But, thinking about having the ability in room to room, sounds like a man person-cave dream come true.
I see I was asking a question not in keeping with the intention of this thread. Thanks for the help though, I am smiling.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #39 of 39
Have you decided on Tidal or Qobuz? I’m facing same decision.
Yes, the decision ended up being quite easy for me. Even though I really like how Qobuz presents the music and lots of details about the bands behind it, they simply have a smaller selection of the music I listen to available. And when Tidal then announced their price reduction, it would not make any sense for me to go with Qobuz.
Hope you find a solution that fits your needs 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back