What do you guys rip your music in?
Sep 19, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lapwing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hard drive space is so ridiculously cheap, you can get a terabyte of space for under $100, there is no excuse to settle for anything less than lossless.

You make using lossy sound like a criminal offense
tongue.gif
As others have said, being tied to your monster terabyte of space does not lend itself very well to portability... my laptop has an 80GB drive. There's no way I'm sticking lossless on there!

Besides... gotta keep room for video content
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by LnxPrgr3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You make using lossy sound like a criminal offense
tongue.gif
As others have said, being tied to your monster terabyte of space does not lend itself very well to portability... my laptop has an 80GB drive. There's no way I'm sticking lossless on there!

Besides... gotta keep room for video content
wink.gif

But that doesn't necessitate that it be ripped in a lossy format from the CD, merely that it be converted to a lossy format for your portable devices.

Sep 27, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rip my music to Apple Lossless.
* Lossless for the sake of mind. No need to worry if I loose out on something or not.
* Supported everywhere I need it (iTunes, AirTunes, and iPod).

x2
smily_headphones1.gif

I rip it using iTunes

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2
smily_headphones1.gif

I rip it using iTunes

Good choice indeed!
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #51 of 56
I have two listening sources: a Squeezebox and Ipod Nano. I rip music with EAC under Windows XP, encode to FLAC format and store it on my personal home server running Linux. The FLAC files are used for streaming to the Squeezebox.

On my laptop running Windows XP, I have a folder with tunes music, with the only purpose of syncing it with my 8GB Ipod nano. For the Ipod I use mp3 and Apple Lossless, depending on the song. When I want an mp3 version of a song, I have this tool mp3fs (MP3FS) installed on my home server, so I share my FLAC music folder with Samba and mp3fs, and when they reach my laptop, they get there on mp3 format. If I want it in Apple Lossless, I copy the FLAC file to my laptop, and use dbpoweramp to convert it to Apple Lossless.

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #52 of 56
I rip my music with EAC (encode to FLAC). I use F2K as my player. I've been pretty happy with this setup.

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #53 of 56
J.River MC with secure rip activated. Encoding to flac (home use) and on the fly encoding from flac to vbr 0 mp3 on sync (Ipod)

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #54 of 56
I rip with EAC as well, great software, then encode to FLAC using jet audio.
Or if I rip to MP3 I go LAME encoded 320kbps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back