Vintage OG and Present Day TOTL Impressions
May 11, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #1,531 of 1,532
I haven't gone back to the Dave just yet the past week or so, as I've been purposely getting to know the Pacific. I want to clarify the above. The Pacific provides a bigger sound, stage, and window into the music (and as a result clarity). I'm hearing very minute details as I mentioned above more clearly. But tone (color wise) the Pacific has a hint of warmth over the Dave, which is definitely welcome, but is less transparent color wise than the Dave is.

Again, I've talked over and over about how that would be a benefit for me over the Dave, as long as resolution is maintained, but before even getting back to any A/B comparisons I can say the Dave is more transparent in that respect.
Fundamentally, I'm not sure you could ever expect a tube DAC to have the same transparency.

May 11, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #1,532 of 1,532
Fundamentally, I'm not sure you could ever expect a tube DAC to have the same transparency.

Yup, added distortion to begin with. I just wanted to make sure I clarified that in that instance, I simply used "transparency" as most think of it wrong. It was bothering me all week lol

But everything else in that section, similar to the above post today is exactly what I meant. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back