USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
May 13, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #6,496 of 6,501
can someone recommend a good usb c to lightning usb cable?
Most likely you will need a USB C to Lightning OTG cable. Meenova makes these and I have used them with success.

If you are in the US and need a longer version of this cable than normal (which are short) send me a PM. I paid for $20 each for two of them and only need one. My version is at least 2 feet long.

May 13, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #6,497 of 6,501
Get yourself the iBasso CB19 cable and a powerbank and the sound quality of your RU6 will enter a whole new stratosphere. Ditto for any other USBC dac.
The CB19 or the one that Akliam makes ... For the dongles it will work with 👍🏼👍🏼 - RU6.

Consider buying a Sonic scientific Quicksilver supercapacitor filter to even smooth out the battery as a power source even more.
The company has a Facebook page and you can see what the USB C2C cable does and what the USB a does either one of them will come out of the power brick and go to your CB19

May 14, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #6,499 of 6,501
May 14, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #6,500 of 6,501
I am sure the DD HiFi cable will work. But you can buy plenty of good Lightning to USB-C cables OTG for about $20. Longer cables are harder to find but short ones are easily found. These cables are binary; either they work or they don't. Never had any issues with any of my OTG cables for lightning.

I don't know about you but for me the whole point of dongles is portability. Fiddling with special power supplies etc. is overkill and tethers you to a desktop. I have the Cayin RU7; I really can't imagine improving on that with tweaks. It already sounds great. If you want to fool with tweaks you would want the second generation Apple CCK (camera connecting kit). I have an extra of those lying around also; PM if interested.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #6,501 of 6,501
One question for the experts if you know.
I get the lovely TP50. It is working wonderful with my HD600 high gain 4.4 bal.cable.

Now I own and an AKG k701 as it is a budget can and I like very much it's soundstage but is hardwired to SE and I can only use 3.5mm or 6.3mm.

I connect them to TP50 3.5mm is there any issue if I set to High or Low Gain? I try with both but I do not think is working properly. Is there any issue here should I check something else?

Moreover I connect my TP50 to my external amp a Heed CanAmp that I use to drive my K701. I have a cable of 3.5mm-->2 rca so as to connect my TP50 3.5mm to the two RCA of my Amplifier. I test Low/High Gain of the dac and is working very well in both cases without issues. Is there any issue here too? There was any distortion or something strange here.

Should I always connect my dongle to amp so as to drive properly the K701 or it is fine to drive them with my dongle only?

I am not so good on sensitivities and what needs to be done.

Thanks for all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back