The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 13, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #6,691 of 6,693
I think it has. I purchased my TG334 at e-earphone in 2022 and got the 10% tax refund deducted from my purchase price. I have read similar reports with the recent FitEar IMarge.
same experience here. bought several new fitear universal from japan and got visitor tax-free since 2022 - TG334, silver and iMarge. don't think there's any restriction except for custom models.

I just got the honor to demo the creator dc ti from a fellow headfier recently and just wonder if it's me or the iem sound super dark with non existing treble? Does this iem need desktop power? I am using a P6PRO TI. The sound signature is definitely not my cup of tea. Also why does the dc ti custom cost $2.5k in japan for Japanese residents only and cost $8k for the universal creator dc ti outside of japan. That's a whopping 220% increase. I Don't understand the logic.
i didn't have the Creator but just briefly demoed once. my experience with the creator cable comes from the EST Ti which also bundled a silver creator cable (i got the set 2nd hand in 2022 at less than 40% of the list price). that cable is not really adding any benefit to my listening experience to say the least. the creator cable is thick and ergonomically not good. the creator (aka universal DC Ti) selling at more than double the price of the CM version is really a show case of how this business (pricing) practice damages this hobby. it's kind of against common sense that the universal will be priced so much more than the CM ver. when i asked what's the difference between the Creator and DC Ti, I was told by the shop that the position of the driver of the two ver are different, thus creating different sound (which are true for CM vs universal demos in most cases i believe).

but i've to add that there're definitely bona fide enthusiastic owners/lovers of the creator series who love their products. probably that few loyal customers are all that matter to the vendor for iems at this price level . . . and the price disparity between domestic and foreign markets likely (partially) due to the big dip of yen in recent years

Normal DC ti doesn't include a cable, so you have to bear some overheads (i.e. cable costs) anyway. It's not the HK shops but ONE HK shop who agreed with Fitear to roll out a combo with an already very expensive cable (i.e. the creator silver thing) AND an universal version of DC ti which you can't find anywhere else. All things adding up it isn't the best deal in the world but somehow makes sense in the pre-covid head-fi sort of sense.

Personally I don't like the cable, I got someone who like it more than the DC itself so we could split the costs. Lived with the DC ti long enough to say that it is definitely something you won't really want in universal form (that thing's heavy, no eartips could offset the weight, ended up getting a semi-custom tip for it but then that altered the sound too much).
100% agreed. one of the very attractive thing of fitear CM is the very comfortable and great fit (and the short stem comfort for the DC Ti). i really don't see any advantage of the universal over the CM ver but it's just my own preference. on the other hand, i wish to add that some very heavy iems like erlkönig still fit securely and stably with eartips in my personal experience. i got the china mainland only titan universal too. the universal titan also fits and seals very well for my daily commuting use or strolling around the city.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #6,692 of 6,693
same experience here. bought several new fitear universal from japan and got visitor tax-free since 2022 - TG334, silver and iMarge. don't think there's any restriction except for custom models.

100% agreed. one of the very attractive thing of fitear CM is the very comfortable and great fit (and the short stem comfort for the DC Ti). i really don't see any advantage of the universal over the CM ver but it's just my own preference. on the other hand, i wish to add that some very heavy iems like erlkönig still fit securely and stably with eartips in my personal experience. i got the china mainland only titan universal too. the universal titan also fits and seals very well for my daily commuting use or strolling around the city.

i didn't have the Creator but just briefly demoed once. my experience with the creator cable comes from the EST Ti which also bundled a silver creator cable (i got the set 2nd hand in 2022 at less than 40% of the list price). that cable is not really adding any benefit to my listening experience to say the least. the creator cable is thick and ergonomically not good. the creator (aka universal DC Ti) selling at more than double the price of the CM version is really a show case of how this business (pricing) practice damages this hobby. it's kind of against common sense that the universal will be priced so much more than the CM ver. when i asked what's the difference between the Creator and DC Ti, I was told by the shop that the position of the driver of the two ver are different, thus creating different sound (which are true for CM vs universal demos in most cases i believe).

but i've to add that there're definitely bona fide enthusiastic owners/lovers of the creator series who love their products. probably that few loyal customers are all that matter to the vendor for iems at this price level . . .
That's why i didn't understand the logic. The creator cost 3 times the price of CM version just because they added a cable. Adding a healthy premium markup is understandable, but 3 times the price is what i am confused about.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #6,693 of 6,693
That's why i didn't understand the logic. The creator cost 3 times the price of CM version just because they added a cable. Adding a healthy premium markup is understandable, but 3 times the price is what i am confused about.
but i've to add that there're definitely bona fide enthusiastic owners/lovers of the creator series who love their products. probably that few loyal customers are all that matter to the vendor for iems at this price level . . . and the price disparity between domestic and foreign markets likely (partially) due to the big dip of yen in recent years

Supply and demand. If you want it, there is no way to get it outside of traveling to Singapore for DC Ti or buying this universal, which are all options. I can't fault the reseller and look more towards the mfg (fitear) for enabling this pricing. I should be able to buy a DC Ti in Japan if I am willing to travel there and I would have been happy to even pay a higher price as a foreigner.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back