The Enleum HPA-23RM Discussion Thread
May 6, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #181 of 185
The 475 has a more laid back and airy signature with a bigger sound stage.

The Tsuranagi I also played with it before, that is kinda like a portable ferrum oor in sound which is very balanced while having good attack and generally large sounding but smaller than the 475. It is probably the best clarity among the amps (we are talking about small micro details in layered songs)

The Enleum is kinda powerful sounding especially for the mids, also generally a little smoother and a touch warmer. Soundstage size its comparable to the tsuranagi. This is for voltage.

Enleum in current mode is a roller coaster jackpot. On headphones like DCA stealth or IEMS like the U12T, it makes them more powerful sounding, larger sound stage and more bass especially in the subs bass portion and a little more mid forward. It's as good as those headphones sound. But on some headphones like those Meze audio and focal, it sounds terrible to me.

May 6, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #182 of 185

The Tsuranagi I also played with it before, that is kinda like a portable ferrum oor in sound which is very balanced while having good attack and generally large sounding but smaller than the 475. It is probably the best clarity among the amps (we are talking about small micro details in layered songs)

The Enleum is kinda powerful sounding especially for the mids, also generally a little smoother and a touch warmer. Soundstage size its comparable to the tsuranagi. This is for voltage.

Enleum in current mode is a roller coaster jackpot. On headphones like DCA stealth or IEMS like the U12T, it makes them more powerful sounding, larger sound stage and more bass especially in the subs bass portion and a little more mid forward. It's as good as those headphones sound. But on some headphones like those Meze audio and focal, it sounds terrible to me.
Did you find 475 bright compared to it? And also mind I ask have you ever heard\tested CMA 18 master, and how does it compare with it? I know it's not exactly fair compare since its a desktop, but those are kind of my narrowed down choices, and It's a hard pick. Thanks for your insights btw.

May 6, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #183 of 185
the 475 I definitely brighter then the enleum but its very minor. I tried the CMA 18 Master. It's a neutral amp dac thats well behaved. My impression was it was not any different from the M17 FIIO player, which means neutral and clean sounding with no standouts to me. Its closer to the tsuranagi signature

May 14, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #184 of 185

I second that, at least for the parts that I know ^^, meaning Tsu and Enleum HPA-23RM. I have never heard the 475 nor the Oor.

I was fortunate enough to listen to both, though not at the same time unfortunately so no direct comparisons, and that comment is pretty much spot on with my own experience. The Tsu is balanced to the point it feels extremely transparent and delicate, it completely disappears to let your headphone (or IEM) shine. It feels dynamic but not overly bright. I would say it's even a tad too soft for my tastes (I do like the agressive sound). But supremely clear.
The HPA-23RM on its side yes, is a bit of a schizo. The duality between voltage and current output creates a really strange reality where difficult orthos basically shine to the point where the bass is earth-shattering (talking about HE-6 OG here) on the current output, and are a bit of meh on the voltage.
Reversedly, I had a Vérité Closed on both output, and neither really convinced me. Voltage was strangely bright whereas current created something really weird sounding. Not bad for sake, but strange... definitely messing with the FR.

I personnally would consider the Enleum only for orthos (and perhaps the Fostex TH900 of which I have a magnificent memory on the smaller brother HPA-01M). It's really too weird and a blind bet on electrodynamics.

May 14, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #185 of 185
I second that, at least for the parts that I know ^^, meaning Tsu and Enleum HPA-23RM. I have never heard the 475 nor the Oor.

I was fortunate enough to listen to both, though not at the same time unfortunately so no direct comparisons, and that comment is pretty much spot on with my own experience. The Tsu is balanced to the point it feels extremely transparent and delicate, it completely disappears to let your headphone (or IEM) shine. It feels dynamic but not overly bright. I would say it's even a tad too soft for my tastes (I do like the agressive sound). But supremely clear.
The HPA-23RM on its side yes, is a bit of a schizo. The duality between voltage and current output creates a really strange reality where difficult orthos basically shine to the point where the bass is earth-shattering (talking about HE-6 OG here) on the current output, and are a bit of meh on the voltage.
Reversedly, I had a Vérité Closed on both output, and neither really convinced me. Voltage was strangely bright whereas current created something really weird sounding. Not bad for sake, but strange... definitely messing with the FR.

I personnally would consider the Enleum only for orthos (and perhaps the Fostex TH900 of which I have a magnificent memory on the smaller brother HPA-01M). It's really too weird and a blind bet on electrodynamics.
I will say if you can’t test it, it can be one hell of a roll. To me I used the Enleum and connect it to high end dacs, daps, iems and headphone. It isn’t always the best, but when it is, it’s untouchable and the gap is significant. Every other amp is more of this is alittle better here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Acts
Back