The discovery thread!
May 13, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #101,371 of 101,381
Lmao yes!!! That was me! Small freaking world! I just wanted to tell you that after hearing them I still stand by it and I think you’ll be happy. Can’t wait to hear what you think.
oh I know I'll like them, I heard them. I sat down to try the Raven there. And either you or the other gentleman asked if I'd heard anything I liked at CanJam so far. I said I heard some good things but the Pilgrim really stood out to me in general and for the price point. That's when you said with a bit of excitdment that you agreed and they had the potential to change the game, in so many words :) although I'm pretty sure you literally did say they could 'change the game'

basically with that kind of SQ at that price. It was good validation for what I was experiencing.

May 13, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #101,372 of 101,381
The Hydro have shipped (finally!), so now I wait to see if my ears join the hype party?!

May 13, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #101,373 of 101,381
May 13, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #101,374 of 101,381
Gpt a new source to complement my Cayin N3 Ultra and iBasso DX320, the xDuoo XD05 Pro joins my collection. Currently with the ESS DAC setup, will get the ROHM DAC soon as well.

Listening to Nightjar Singularity along with Vortex Alida Cable and Eletech Baroque eartips. The sub-bass on the setup is viciously done, it is strong and clean.

Also, I posted my review of Kefine Delci today. Here's my take:-

Sound Impressions:-
>Neutral Sound Tone with a bass boost.
>Sub-bass is very good, nice and rumbling.
>Mid-bass has a fast and snappy response. It has good weight to the bass as well.
>Vocals are a bit recessed compared to the bass.
>Vocals have good clarity to them, good weight to them. They sound crisp and have a well-rounded note definition. Doesn't sound harsh even at louder volumes.
>Vocals are quite good, love them, clean, textured, crisp.
>Treble has good energy and speed as well. It sounds open and refined. No congestion even in busy tracks.
>Soundstage is a bit on immersive side. It has a close by presentation.
>Shells are well-made, high-quality metallic shells for 60$ is insane.

Cons:-
>Soundstage is a bit intimate.
>no balanced cable option.

You can watch my complete review here:-

I hope you guys enjoy haha. @Singaravelan brother check the quality and location now. I am trying to find an empty plain wall in my home but you know indian homes, everywhere it's either almirah or something else :L3000: :L3000:

Let me know if you also experience a tonne of interference when chaining your N3 Ultra to the XDUOO XD05 Pro I can't stack the two one on top of the other as the N3U picks up noise and incorporates them into the output and garbles the low end.

May 13, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #101,375 of 101,381
Let me know if you also experience a tonne of interference when chaining your N3 Ultra to the XDUOO XD05 Pro I can't stack the two one on top of the other as the N3U picks up noise and incorporates them into the output and garbles the low end.
I will try with my N3 Ultra later bro, currently using it with my MacBook and Phone, no issues so far.

May 13, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #101,376 of 101,381
My two latest budget discoveries, that turned out to exceed my expectations in ways I never thought possible. So much so, that I'm probably purchasing a second set of ST7's for backup, and getting these for friends and family who still use plugged sets (tbh, not many remain). I just a/b'd the ST7 against the EA500LM, and after back and forth of intense critical listening, the only thing the EA500 has on the ST7 is much fuller and heftier mids, and better sub bass extension. But aside from those asides, they are quite competitive with one another, and I might even give the ST7 a slight nod in terms of the naturalness of the timbre, as the EA500LM has that Simgot house sound timbre that doesn't agree with some folks. I like it just fine.

Attachments

• ST7 + Trio.jpg
    ST7 + Trio.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #101,377 of 101,381
Hurt my back today and have nothing better to do but sit or lay down for the next 2 days… gonna catch up on some audio. Hanging out with Szalayi / QT-X / Trio today. IMG_7685.jpegIMG_7686.jpegIMG_7687.jpegIMG_7688.jpeg

May 13, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #101,378 of 101,381
The wooden box where old and unliked but not ready or willing to sell IEMs go to die LOL the wooden box graveyard, as I call it. It's now overflowing, so with about 60 IEMs in it, I've had to transfer some to my metal tin, but here's where my obsession takes physical form lol Not even close to the true total, as I've sold well over 100 in the past decade.

Attachments

• Wooden Box Graveyard.jpg
    Wooden Box Graveyard.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #101,379 of 101,381
What's special in all BAs? You don't like how DD renders your music?

And yes yes, mellowed phonophi is great :- )
I loved BA sound from the first listening - nice and simple 1More Triple that I still use and enjoy as a real "beater". Then KZ AS10 was so wow that I can tell a lot of stories. BAs sound is nice and so engaging for my music enjoyment. Somehow I never felt that DD sound is "natural". I isten to strings a lot, and even most rampant "steely" BA work reasonably with most of my favourite recordings.
Recently, AS24 gave me everything (perfect switches for me from too bassy to too lean and I just love its plain rendering). I got two copies (for me and KZ support) and just thought to explore a bit hybrids after. ZAT there gave most for me (though in most bass lean settings). I love Plutus (bass), Phoenixcall (subtle balance), 1 More Penta (treble layering) for their specialness; Moondrop May for one of the best perceived values, and not Simgot E6ML- $100, really (??); ears are surely different, and I buy all my IEMs, no Linsoul samples).

On another note, I jusr ordered beautiful Relentless at $150 (Kinera store offered more discounts; I hope $150 is a good price for both of us for their beautiful art and sound - mellowed me:))

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #101,380 of 101,381
The wooden box where old and unliked but not ready or willing to sell IEMs go to die LOL the wooden box graveyard, as I call it. It's now overflowing, so with about 60 IEMs in it, I've had to transfer some to my metal tin, but here's where my obsession takes physical form lol Not even close to the true total, as I've sold well over 100 in the past decade.
Totl'y in limbo....i.e...(cr)iemated aka no longer rotated !!....Rising from the ashes; phoenix-like ??...highly unlikely...

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #101,381 of 101,381
I see two unknown sony earbuds, one of the buds in the bottom 3rd row looks like a CCA CST, the IEM on the far right of the 2nd row might be a NiceHCK NX7 MK4.

There's probably a random KZ in that pile somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back