Tahsin Sevgel Audio Devices Model2
Apr 28, 2024 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ranfan

Headphoneus Supremus
"Often when a door closes.. another one opens."

IMG_8867.jpeg
ーGülhane Park, Turkey

This is a continuation to the thread Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM - a labor of love - the long awaited interlude to the single BA driver special to some of our hearts ☺

Dedicated to music and midrange lovers alike, this Model2 is made finally into custom in-ear form after countless trials and enduring research into many different materials and their interaction with the drivers inside, and consequently on to the sound quality being produced

Made possible into reality by the engineer and his guiding vision (or is it voice?) of an ideal soundーthe inception of an idea to the workings of one's imagination
https://www.tahsinsevgelaudiodevices.com/about-me

It is a fascination to me how one could design a sound device, and tune it in a way to a style that is uniquely his. A combination of pure technique and self-expression

M2_06.jpeg
ーModel2 CIEM being finalised

The Tahsin Sevgel Audio Devices (TSAD) Model2 was created in early 2024 by the hands of the Turkish engineer Tahsin @tsn141. Whom was also the designer for my Prelude CIEM

1714318328418.jpg
ーWarbler Prelude

In designing the Prelude, Tahsin aimed to maximise the use of a single BA by increasing its efficiency and applying the idea of minimum necessary force, reducing distance from socket to driver, eliminating resonance, and clearing as much resistance as possible. Converting signal into sound as direct as possible, with very few interference

Taking the experience from many years of experimenting to making the Prelude, In making the Model2, Tahsin multiplied the driver count to two, and introduced a two-way crossover system. This deconcentrates the midrange sound making it less forward, and widening the treble and bass reach, consequently increasing resolution and rendering speed in the process

Both Prelude and Model2 have a similar 'house' sound, but with different interpretation due to their differing implementation of one, and two drivers

If the Prelude aims towards making its sound reproduction as simple as it can by reducing electricity path, then the Model2 (which I also nicknamed Interlude) is about increasing the complexity of a basic system by introducing exotic materials and components, but at the same time without losing its identity or straying too far. One is the laying of foundation, and the second is about exploration

1713542830664.jpg
ーInterlude, with exotic elements inside

And customary to custom in-ear monitors, TSAD also gives option to select which faceplates and shell color. There are so many to choose from

1714317077555.jpg
ーMine is this red faceplate pattern with transparent shell

But you can also choose blue if you like :ksc75smile:

image1 (1).jpeg
ーStabilised wood, there are even more at the back..

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Awesome!

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #4 of 4
"Often when a door closes.. another one opens."

ーGülhane Park, Turkey

This is a continuation to the thread Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM - a labor of love - the long awaited interlude to the single BA driver special to some of our hearts ☺

Dedicated to music and midrange lovers alike, this Model2 is made finally into custom in-ear form after countless trials and enduring research into many different materials and their interaction with the drivers inside, and consequently on to the sound quality being produced

Made possible into reality by the engineer and his guiding vision (or is it voice?) of an ideal soundーthe inception of an idea to the workings of one's imagination
https://www.tahsinsevgelaudiodevices.com/about-me

It is a fascination to me how one could design a sound device, and tune it in a way to a style that is uniquely his. A combination of pure technique and self-expression

ーModel2 CIEM being finalised

The Tahsin Sevgel Audio Devices (TSAD) Model2 was created in early 2024 by the hands of the Turkish engineer Tahsin @tsn141. Whom was also the designer for my Prelude CIEM

ーWarbler Prelude

In designing the Prelude, Tahsin aimed to maximise the use of a single BA by increasing its efficiency and applying the idea of minimum necessary force, reducing distance from socket to driver, eliminating resonance, and clearing as much resistance as possible. Converting signal into sound as direct as possible, with very few interference

Taking the experience from many years of experimenting to making the Prelude, In making the Model2, Tahsin multiplied the driver count to two, and introduced a two-way crossover system. This deconcentrates the midrange sound making it less forward, and widening the treble and bass reach, consequently increasing resolution and rendering speed in the process

Both Prelude and Model2 have a similar 'house' sound, but with different interpretation due to their differing implementation of one, and two drivers

If the Prelude aims towards making its sound reproduction as simple as it can by reducing electricity path, then the Model2 (which I also nicknamed Interlude) is about increasing the complexity of a basic system by introducing exotic materials and components, but at the same time without losing its identity or straying too far. One is the laying of foundation, and the second is about exploration

ーInterlude, with exotic elements inside

And customary to custom in-ear monitors, TSAD also gives option to select which faceplates and shell color. There are so many to choose from

ーMine is this red faceplate pattern with transparent shell

But you can also choose blue if you like :ksc75smile:

ーStabilised wood, there are even more at the back..

Whoa! That's a nice (good looking, informative and creative) introduction post to this new thread @ranfan :)

I've been listening to and have been enjoying the Tahsin Sevgel Model2 a lot(!) over the past 2 weeks, and it certainly deserves some attention!
For me it already has become some sort of 'master of natural realism' in my current IEM collection.

Well, to me the Warbler Prelude already sounded pretty awesome :smile:
20180228_155700.jpg

But imho the new Model2 sounds awesome... and then some!!!
20240419_165543.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back