Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
May 6, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #376 of 388
Will get back to you on that (unless someone else tests first). My brother said he's getting the R4, I'll borrow it to test with the Titan.
Please let me know when you get to test it :)

Titan on R4 works pretty well; especially for something that small (that isn't a dongle connected to your phone)

I don't have one yet but have tried and do intend to get one

p.s. it also works pretty well for Helios and Singularity
That's good to hear! Thanks for sharing

May 7, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #377 of 388
For people that have heard both the Titan and ier-z1r, what do you think is best for someone who listens to primarily bass heavy genres like dnb, techno, house, IDM, etc?

May 7, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #379 of 388
The Titan punches harder, but the Z1R has got better texture. Both have good treble to balance out the bass.

Mids are scooped on the Z1R, making male vocals distant, female is a bit better. Titan's mids is neutral.

Staging and imaging on the Z1R are huge and precise. World class. The only other one with such a big stage I have heard is the Canpur 622B, but it's got a weird tonality.

For EDM like house, techno, dub. The basslines on the Titan is brain melting. Z1R is less engaging.

I don't use the Z1R for anything vocal centric. Especially male. Actually, I don't use the Z1R much at all. Symphoniums are tip fussy. The Z1R is even more fussy. You can walk around with the Titan, but walking the dog with Z1R will be challenging. IMHO, the Titan is a better bassy general purpose than the Z1R. However, the Z1R has got a tuning that some people love and you can only find on the Z1R.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #380 of 388
The Titan punches harder, but the Z1R has got better texture. Both have good treble to balance out the bass.

Mids are scooped on the Z1R, making male vocals distant, female is a bit better. Titan's mids is neutral.

Staging and imaging on the Z1R are huge and precise. World class. The only other one with such a big stage I have heard is the Canpur 622B, but it's got a weird tonality.

For EDM like house, techno, dub. The basslines on the Titan is brain melting. Z1R is less engaging.

I don't use the Z1R for anything vocal centric. Especially male. Actually, I don't use the Z1R much at all. Symphoniums are tip fussy. The Z1R is even more fussy. You can walk around with the Titan, but walking the dog with Z1R will be challenging. IMHO, the Titan is a better bassy general purpose than the Z1R. However, the Z1R has got a tuning that some people love and you can only find on the Z1R.
Thanks for the info! Sounds like a tough decision. Is one of them less fatiguing than the other?

May 7, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #381 of 388
Thanks for the info! Sounds like a tough decision. Is one of them less fatiguing than the other
Not sound signature wise. For the Z1R you have to consider the fit. If it is pushing against your ear. You probably won't be able to use it for more than an hour or two before it gets sore. In my case. I don't have big ears. However, the shape fits the Z1R just right. So, it's not about the size. Best to try it out, get the right tip size, and use it for a little while before committing. The Titan doesn't have that problem.

May 7, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #382 of 388
For people interested in Titan for portable listening, I'd advise you to research your portable source pairing with super low impedance loads first. I don't think Titan needs a lot of pure power, but 3 ohms is hard for some amps to drive safely and consistently through power peaks. My Ferrum Erco (desktop dac/amp) does great, but my Aune Yuki triggered safety cut-off circuits when really big bass hits in the track happened. Granted Aune Yuki is not the most powerful of dongles, but this also happened to me a while back trying to run Verum One (5 ohm, I believe) through other past dongles. Most desktop solutions should be fine, but double-check dongles and DAPs you may own.

May 7, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #383 of 388

This is a good write up since I’m also researching the Titan vs Z1R.

May 8, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #384 of 388
Does anyone here have the luck to have the Titan and the Crimson? For the lucky person can you please drop some comparison between them?

graph.png

I know that graphs don´t tell the whole history but looks that Crimson ir a more neutral and Bright Titan, Mids and Upper Mids look quite similar tho.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #385 of 388
Does anyone here have the luck to have the Titan and the Crimson? For the lucky person can you please drop some comparison between them?

graph.png

I know that graphs don´t tell the whole history but looks that Crimson ir a more neutral and Bright Titan, Mids and Upper Mids look quite similar tho.
Man oh man, I’ve heard both but not back to back unfortunately so I don’t want to rest on just my memory but if I can, I will say that in terms of bass, the Titan not only has a ton more, but it’s also of better quality in terms of texture and tactile feel. The crimsons also had stand out technicalities like detail retrieval and staging.

May 8, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #386 of 388

graph.png

Man oh man, I’ve heard both but not back to back unfortunately so I don’t want to rest on just my memory but if I can, I will say that in terms of bass, the Titan not only has a ton more, but it’s also of better quality in terms of texture and tactile feel. The crimsons also had stand out technicalities like detail retrieval and staging.
I hear the Crimson and Titan similarly to how they were graphed by BGGAR. The main differences are pretty much what @domq422 described.

The Titan's DD bass is just visceral. There have been times when listening to bass-heavy tracks where I can feel the sub bass in my feet as if there was a subwoofer nearby. I know it's all in my head, but it's still a crazy sensation that I've never felt with the Crimson. What's impressive is that it does this while still sounding clean and smooth.

The Crimson is the more balanced set though. It still has good quality bass, but there's less in comparison. What's impressive here is that its BA bass sounds better than a lot of single DD and hybrid sets that I've listened to. Mids and vocals are similar to the Crimson - they're both clean and smooth, neither are recessed or in your face.

Treble extension is really great on both sets, but the Crimson is a step up. Hi-hat and cymbal crashes sound airy and they decay nicely. The Titan is no slouch either, but the Crimson just does it a bit better. For soundstage and imaging, I really can't tell the difference between the two. They both have a pretty wide open soundstage where you can hear the music in layers and what some people would describe as "holographic."

I love them both, but if you're like me and like your bass to be boosted on bass-heavy tracks then you might like the Titan more.

May 9, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #387 of 388
What they said. Except I find Titan levels of bass too much for daily use. The Crimson is balanced and a better choice for me on long benders. No longer loved and mentioned. The Helios is airy, female vocals sound amazing and a heavy sub bass thump. I juggle between these 3 depending on the mood.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #388 of 388
I’ve been reading through this thread and you all have got me wanting to try some of this bass out for myself 😂

I’ve put in a pre-order and now I’m going to anxiously wait until they’re here, thanks guys 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back