Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
May 14, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #12,391 of 12,398
and this whole upgradability is one of the reasons I bought a yggy over the competition. I'm a tinkerer & loved the idea of a modular dac. Who knows what we may get in the future? Cheers to the engineers at schiit that allows us to keep this fresh without having to buy a whole new box, as well as options for different budgets/sound preferences. I really appreciate this approach to design.
You'd be thrilled by the Yggy+ chassis design.
Remove 4x screws and the top cover is released from the chassis, hinge it forward, disconnect the ribbon cable, and that's it!
Now to peruse the various classifieds and see if I can snipe some LIM cards to play with :eyes:

May 14, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #12,392 of 12,398
You'd be thrilled by the Yggy+ chassis design.
Remove 4x screws and the top cover is released from the chassis, hinge it forward, disconnect the ribbon cable, and that's it!
Now to peruse the various classifieds and see if I can snipe some LIM cards to play with :eyes:
yeah it sounds convenient, but honestly I don't see the need to pay $500+ for the added convenience when I don't plan to be in there much. I'd rather put that money towards a MIB if it came down to it. :wink:. Anyway I'm satisfied with the LIM for the time being. Again, absolute noticeable improvement over the A1 (earlier in the convo you saw me considering to sell as it didn't seem to be pairing w/ my gear headphones as well as I expected), and if it sounds this good already I can only imagine after its fully broken in.

May 14, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #12,394 of 12,398
I kind of like the OG body style better aesthetically.

May 14, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #12,395 of 12,398
I am much more of a fan of the newer chassis style, but not much of a fan of all the software bugs that seem to have been introduced with the additional features of the Yggdrasil+ chassis. Adding NOS/mute functions seems to have triggered a bunch of issues with both my GS2 units that I've had. Haven't heard of people having panel lockouts, issues with input switching and such with the older and less handsome Yggdrasil.

But then again, this could be a weird case with the GS2, or just my luck getting two iffy units in a row. My GS2 is on its way back for the second time for repair now. Looking towards purchasing an old chassis unit in the future to eliminate these issues.

May 14, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #12,396 of 12,398
I am much more of a fan of the newer chassis style, but not much of a fan of all the software bugs that seem to have been introduced with the additional features of the Yggdrasil+ chassis. Adding NOS/mute functions seems to have triggered a bunch of issues with both my GS2 units that I've had. Haven't heard of people having panel lockouts, issues with input switching and such with the older and less handsome Yggdrasil.

But then again, this could be a weird case with the GS2, or just my luck getting two iffy units in a row. My GS2 is on its way back for the second time for repair now. Looking towards purchasing an old chassis unit in the future to eliminate these issues.
Have had zero issues with the new chassis and LIM boards/MIB boards. The LIM boards were from the older chassis but I would be surprised if the firmware chip wasn’t swapped out when I did the chassis upgrade (to accommodate the new features).

Hopefully I remain trouble free.

May 14, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #12,397 of 12,398

My GS2 has been flawless. Granted, I’ve only had it for a month, but it’s been a headache-free month lol.

May 15, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #12,398 of 12,398
My GS2 has been flawless. Granted, I’ve only had it for a month, but it’s been a headache-free month lol.
I've had mine for a few months now. Zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back