Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 3, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #24,647 of 24,659
Dead boy detectives. Net flix 2024

You get ghosts, a period piece, psychics, witches, after life in a diverse coming of age, both corporal and non corporal. Frankly fun, twisty, interesting foray into the occult detective agency for the dead. So break out the bong for 4 out of 5 puffs

May 4, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #24,648 of 24,659
love and monsters 2020 net flix

prophetic? maybe a nod to post pandemic conspiracy, a comedy? maybe pretty funny stuff right down to the slug monsters. david and goliath parable? maybe joel lasts 14 days above ground so. 3.75 puffs for a cute dogy

May 5, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #24,650 of 24,659
I guess this is the closest to the original manga. Masamune Shirow's manga was so amazing. This is the art style of the manga. So much details in the animation like the manga. They should have done the TV show with this quality animation.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #24,651 of 24,659
Baby reindeer net flix 2024

This mortal coil can be downright weird, dangerous, self fulfilling trap for this Scottish comic. Smokable cringeworthy voyeuristic foray, 4 out of 5 puffs

May 6, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #24,652 of 24,659
Just watched the most amazing movie I have seen in years. If you enjoyed the first Evil Dead movies, you HAVE to check out Secret Santa. It is currently on Tubi in Canada.

The gore is SO over the top! And also pretty funny. It is from 2018 and I can't believe I have never seen or heard of this before.

If you are a gore hound, with a dark sense of humour, you must check this movie out.
I give it 5 stars out of 5. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May 7, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #24,653 of 24,659
I enjoy Youtube vids like this more than any movies/TV shows these days. Super interesting. This is a good one. She's very good presenter.

Super interesting what they eat. Never seen anything like it.

This was quite interesting too

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #24,655 of 24,659
obliterated 2023 netflix

almost a ridiculous party parody meets seal team 6, ok the content is downright hilarious, some thrills, just don't think and your fine. puff away my friends and realize maybe you forgot what partying really is. ok the bad guy is righteously annoying so there's that. 3.85 out of 5 non MDMA puffs

May 13, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #24,656 of 24,659
Shogun 10/10

Only 4 episodes released so far but my god. This show is absolutely stunning. The visuals alone are gorgeous, but the whole show seems to have been made with a no limit budget. The costumes, cgi, set, story, characters, this one is going after the game of thrones crown.
Does Shogun get better than Ep. 1-2? Is it a slow develop? Ep. 1-2 was just so boring that I couldn't bear it. Why does it have such high ratings I wonder. Part of the issue for me is that the dialog isn't so straightforward for me. Not so easily coherent. I hate that dude's voice. Why his voice need to be like that?

I had high hopes when I heard it was like GoT with Samurais.

Visuals wise, it has noisy images like if film camera from the 90's is used. There is warping in the picture like smearing, fuzziness. I was bummed about the uncleanliness of the images. I'm not seeing anything exotic in the images, some low quality cgi IMO. I was expecting exotic. Poor use of budget lookin at the cgi

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #24,657 of 24,659
The Bricklayer - 8/10

I really enjoyed this one. Not as bad as I expected. Reminded me at times of part Get Smart and True Lies, but of course way more violent.
BTW Renny Harlin also directed Die Hard 2. That's an old favorite, but of course it's not as good as the original.
Cliffhanger is another good one directed by Renny Harlin IMO.

May 14, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #24,658 of 24,659
army of the dead 2021 netflix

ok machine gun zombie head exploding in a visual smorgasbord of blood and gruel. for that 3.75 out of 5 puffs

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #24,659 of 24,659
The Bricklayer - 8/10

I really enjoyed this one. Not as bad as I expected. Reminded me at times of part Get Smart and True Lies, but of course way more violent.
BTW Renny Harlin also directed Die Hard 2. That's an old favorite, but of course it's not as good as the original.
Cliffhanger is another good one directed by Renny Harlin IMO.
Am more of McTiernan fan over Harlin, but Harlin's action was still quite good back in the days. I'm intrigued, but I doubt Harlin still applies same film making styles of yester years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back