Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 3, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #8,086 of 8,095
We disagree as usual on this topic. I use mine for Rock and metal from the 1970’s. Even some EDM. I have always found good rock music requires an excellent midrange more so than anything else. For me, that is Traillii.

In any event he is picking from the top.
Thanks, @Leto Dal and @Frankie D for your feedback!

I actually agree with both your points. Rock definitely needs punch and speed, but a great midrange can never be understated either. Do you think Traillii's excellent vocals could also be a key factor for this genre?

Jun 3, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #8,087 of 8,095

I actually agree with both your points. Rock definitely needs punch and speed, but a great midrange can never be understated either. Do you think Traillii's excellent vocals could also be a key factor for this genre?
Absolutely, and you will not only listen to rock, even if that is all you listen to now. And other types of rock can make the vocals take precedent. What are some of you favorite tracks and we can try them out?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #8,088 of 8,095

Trailli got probably the most beautifully rendered vocals of all IEMs I have heard, the midrange on it is superb.

And yep, rock and metal benefit from this great midrange too, its just the other factors that holding Trailli back from being my fav performer for that genres. For jazz, folk and bluegrass I would take Trailli over any other IEM on current market.
If you want one great allrounder without planning buying multiple kilo-buck IEMs, I highly advice to check out the Mentor, for me it managed to solve that "issues" keeping beautiful Trailli like mids, but sacrificing bit of the laid back smooth analog tuning of it, being a more energetic IEM.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #8,089 of 8,095
Trailli got probably the most beautifully rendered vocals of all IEMs I have heard, the midrange on it is superb.

And yep, rock and metal benefit from this great midrange too, its just the other factors that holding Trailli back from being my fav performer for that genres. For jazz, folk and bluegrass I would take Trailli over any other IEM on current market.
If you want one great allrounder without planning buying multiple kilo-buck IEMs, I highly advice to check out the Mentor, for me it managed to solve that "issues" keeping beautiful Trailli like mids, but sacrificing bit of the laid back smooth analog tuning of it, being a more energetic IEM.
I wholeheartly agree with you that for jazz or less busy genres like acoustic or bluegrass, the Traillii reigns supreme but for rock or something like J-pop the mid get a bit crowd for me on Traillii and I usually prefer Anni as it is more U shaped iem
We disagree as usual on this topic. I use mine for Rock and metal from the 1970’s. Even some EDM. I have always found good rock music requires an excellent midrange more so than anything else. For me, that is Traillii.

In any event he is picking from the top.
I guess its depends on the recording technique? As the rock from 70s and from the present time is quite different I think.

Jun 4, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #8,090 of 8,095
Let me introduce my black & red traillii with X large cable~

Attachments

• 20240514_001130.jpg
    20240514_001130.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 4, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #8,092 of 8,095

Thanks!

I've noticed that there's quite a consensus that the Traillii excels in those genres, including classical and ambient music.

Also looking at the Mentor, would you say it's a significant improvement over the Traillii?

Jun 4, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #8,093 of 8,095
I wholeheartly agree with you that for jazz or less busy genres like acoustic or bluegrass, the Traillii reigns supreme but for rock or something like J-pop the mid get a bit crowd for me on Traillii and I usually prefer Anni as it is more U shaped iem
Would you say that there is a significant difference in the overall resolution between the Traillii and Anni?

Jun 4, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #8,095 of 8,095
Totally agree!

Lots of favorite tracks, but I usually listen to Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Incubus, Pearl Jam, etc :)
Those groups are in the Traillii’s wheelhouse. I use the Dire Straits “Brothers In Arms” album as part of my audition list. In fact, this is one album I always felt Traillii superior to Annihilator. That said, Annihilator should be good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back