Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
May 10, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #781 of 789
That's very clear, thank you. :pray:

What about this though: I'd like to keep the cable that i already own that's currently going from the interface to the monitors (it's a TRS>XLR cable). The reason i want to keep it is because it's quite long, and i'll be able to save money getting a short adapter rather than a long RCA>XLR cable, since length is already covered with the cable i have already. Would it be stupid to just get an RCA>TS adapter that joins my TRS>XLR cable to the amp?

Does that make sense? I don't know if i've explained that properly.
Basically, i'm thinking i might save money if i get a RCA>TS adapter (or short cable) instead of the long RCA Male > XLR cable. What do you think?

Like this:
71wKNqaJZAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Or is there some kind of disadvantage to that?
You'd be better off just keeping it plugged as it is right now and use your Line Out from your Antelope to your Headphone amp Input.

Adapters are last resources type of devices. I wouldn't mess with that personally.

May 10, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #782 of 789
You'd be better off just keeping it plugged as it is right now and use your Line Out from your Antelope to your Headphone amp Input.

Adapters are last resources type of devices. I wouldn't mess with that personally.
Oh! I didn't know the Line Out ports could do that!
So line out is just another monitoring signal?
What does Line Out typically get used for?

Edit: So i see there is Line Out 1+2+3+4, whereas the Monitor out is L+R. So would i use just Line Out 1, and then send it through a cable that splits 1xTS into 2xRCA? Or would i use both LineOut 1+2 as the left and right channels?
(sorry for all the questions)

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #783 of 789
Oh! I didn't know the Line Out ports could do that!
So line out is just another monitoring signal?
What does Line Out typically get used for?

Edit: So i see there is Line Out 1+2+3+4, whereas the Monitor out is L+R. So would i use just Line Out 1, and then send it through a cable that splits 1xTS into 2xRCA? Or would i use both LineOut 1+2 as the left and right channels?
(sorry for all the questions)
You'd use Line Out 1+2 to L30ii Input L+R. So you'll need 2 cables that go TS Male to RCA Male.

The rest would stay connected as is.

You'll be switching between your outputs ( monitors or Line Out ) on your antelope.

Function Button 1 (top-most)

• Pressing Function Button 1 cycles through Monitor Volume, Line Out Volume, and Headphone Output (HP) 1 – 4 Volume. Use the rotary control to adjust volume.
  • Press and hold Function Button 1 to access the Discrete 4 System Menu (explained below). Use the rotary control to select an entry in the menu. Press the rotary control to enter the selected sub-menu. Turn the rotary control left or right to adjust the setting.
  • Press the rotary control to toggle Monitor Volume Mute On/Off.
  • Press any of the function buttons to exit.

Line Output are used for a plethora of devices, from Tape to Console to Summing mixers to Outboard chain or single devices and the list goes on.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #784 of 789
You'd use Line Out 1+2 to L30ii Input L+R. So you'll need 2 cables that go TS Male to RCA Male.

The rest would stay connected as is.

You'll be switching between your outputs ( monitors or Line Out ) on your antelope.

Function Button 1 (top-most)

• Pressing Function Button 1 cycles through Monitor Volume, Line Out Volume, and Headphone Output (HP) 1 – 4 Volume. Use the rotary control to adjust volume.
  • Press and hold Function Button 1 to access the Discrete 4 System Menu (explained below). Use the rotary control to select an entry in the menu. Press the rotary control to enter the selected sub-menu. Turn the rotary control left or right to adjust the setting.
  • Press the rotary control to toggle Monitor Volume Mute On/Off.
  • Press any of the function buttons to exit.

Line Output are used for a plethora of devices, from Tape to Console to Summing mixers to Outboard chain or single devices and the list goes on.
Haha yes i know i know, I use that button every day.

Where i'm confused though, is that, isn't each LineOut channel a mono signal that's summed from stereo?
So how would the amp know to interpret that as left and right?

It would have to be a cable that goes from 1x TRS male to 2x RCA right?

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #785 of 789
Haha yes i know i know, I use that button every day.

Where i'm confused though, is that, isn't each LineOut channel a mono signal that's summed from stereo?
So how would the amp know to interpret that as left and right?

It would have to be a cable that goes from 1x TRS male to 2x RCA right?
No, they are not stereo outputs because they're TRS, they're Balanced because they are TRS.

A TRS connection is not necessarily a stereo connection.

A TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) connection can indeed carry stereo audio, but it's not necessarily stereo by default. The reason lies in how the connection is wired and the devices it's connecting.
  1. Mono Configuration: In a mono configuration, a TRS connector carries a single audio signal. This is commonly used for instruments like guitars or microphones, where only one audio channel is required.
  2. Stereo Configuration: In a stereo configuration, a TRS connector carries two separate audio signals, typically left and right channels. This is common in headphones, audio interfaces, and other devices where stereo sound is desired.
  3. Balanced Audio: TRS connectors are also used in balanced audio connections, where the tip carries the positive audio signal, the ring carries the inverted audio signal, and the sleeve acts as the ground. This configuration is often used in professional audio equipment for its ability to reduce noise and interference over long cable runs.
So, while a TRS connection can carry stereo audio, it can also carry mono audio or even be used for balanced audio, depending on how it's wired and the devices it's connecting.

Antelope's Line-out are all mono Balanced through TRS.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #786 of 789
No, they are not stereo outputs because they're TRS, they're Balanced because they are TRS.

A TRS connection is not necessarily a stereo connection.

A TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) connection can indeed carry stereo audio, but it's not necessarily stereo by default. The reason lies in how the connection is wired and the devices it's connecting.
  1. Mono Configuration: In a mono configuration, a TRS connector carries a single audio signal. This is commonly used for instruments like guitars or microphones, where only one audio channel is required.
  2. Stereo Configuration: In a stereo configuration, a TRS connector carries two separate audio signals, typically left and right channels. This is common in headphones, audio interfaces, and other devices where stereo sound is desired.
  3. Balanced Audio: TRS connectors are also used in balanced audio connections, where the tip carries the positive audio signal, the ring carries the inverted audio signal, and the sleeve acts as the ground. This configuration is often used in professional audio equipment for its ability to reduce noise and interference over long cable runs.
So, while a TRS connection can carry stereo audio, it can also carry mono audio or even be used for balanced audio, depending on how it's wired and the devices it's connecting.

Antelope's Line-out are all mono Balanced through TRS.
Ah right. Well that's good to know. Thanks

Now to find out whether Line Out 1 is a left channel or a stereo channel summed to mono. I'll contact Antelope support. Cheers

May 11, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #787 of 789
Ah right. Well that's good to know. Thanks

Now to find out whether Line Out 1 is a left channel or a stereo channel summed to mono. I'll contact Antelope support. Cheers
They are mono balanced output.
1 is Left and 2 is right. 3 is left and 4 is right.
Just Link them in the console view.
You can connect your studio monitor in them and hear it for yourself.

Make sure to lower the output in the software before plugin them or it will be EXTREMELY LOUD;

1715404958911.jpeg

May 14, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #788 of 789
Has anyone tried after market pads on the Ananda Nano? I know there's Dekoni. But seems they can be hit or miss with QC. I want to get leather earpads just for comfort but also durability. I know sound may take a hit so I'm either sticking to leather or hybrid pads. Maybe perforated too. AliExpress has some sheepskin earpads and they seem promising.

May 14, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #789 of 789
I'm using the Nanos with a FiiO K7 and 4.4mm balanced wire and I'm in love with.
Hehe i just ordered the Ananda Nano from Thoman, it arrives this week, will be using the same setup. I love my K7 using it with tripowin granvia 4.4 balanced cable. Veery curious how it will perform with the Nano! (currently using the fiio FT5) As a premise, what i read from the Nano, it will be totally the opposite of my FT5. The FT5 is not a technical monster by any means, but has a very mellow, dark, meaty, full bodied, easy to listen character with almost as good timbe like the HD6x0 series. Staging, imaging probably mediocre in this price tag.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back