Ibasso PB5 the next dedicated portable Amplifier
May 13, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #466 of 473
Hi,

Joined the PB5 team but what’s up with charging. It doesn’t work with my Apple 18w charger and Quest charger. Works with my old 5s charger which can only do 5v/1A. Tried with my Anker 100w charger which can do 5v at higher A from USB A and works with that.
It doesn't work with some of the quick chargers. I use a few 2 and 3 amp chargers with no issue.

May 13, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #467 of 473
Hi,

Joined the PB5 team but what’s up with charging. It doesn’t work with my Apple 18w charger and Quest charger. Works with my old 5s charger which can only do 5v/1A. Tried with my Anker 100w charger which can do 5v at higher A from USB A and works with that.

It seems to only work with QC or regular chargers, and only USB-A to USB-C. It will not work with Power Delivery.

May 13, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #468 of 473
Hi,

Yeah, PB5 only made to work with usb-A to usb-C cables.

Not USB-C to USB-C.

I unplug it and replug it quickly before I start using it so it charges as its in use.

I never have had it turn off on me during a normal sitting.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #469 of 473
Yeah, PB5 only made to work with usb-A to usb-C cables.

Not USB-C to USB-C.

I unplug it and replug it quickly before I start using it so it charges as its in use.

I never have had it turn off on me during a normal sitting.
Oh ok, that’s ok but I really wanted to get away from USB A and now I have to hold on to that one USB A to C cable.

Had a quick listen and it does add significant sub bass. I like bassy amp like Schiit Mjolnir 3

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #471 of 473
I wish they had some indicator to give indication on charge level of battery…right now there is no way to know the status of battery.

May 15, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #472 of 473
Does somebody use this amp in a desktop setup? Does it have any way to handle the battery if one would run it constantly on external power?

May 15, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #473 of 473
Does somebody use this amp in a desktop setup? Does it have any way to handle the battery if one would run it constantly on external power?

I've been using this as my desktop amp w/ my Gustard a22 DAC.
I turn the PB5 off when not in use, and I haven't found a shift of sound with warm up.

After turning it on for a session, I just unplug & replug the charging-cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back