IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
May 8, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #436 of 450
Does moving the Elite to full DSD 512 on the app takes the sonic brightness down a notch ?
I'm guessing it upscales (hardware side) whatever its fed - barring matched DSD.
What brightness? I was testing the Elite with the Sennheiser ie900 which have boosted trebles and it was smoother than from the IFI Zen Dac v2 which is considered as a warmish source. For me the Elite has bit of roll off on the upper frequencies. The AK sp1000 has more trebles on top for example.

May 8, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #437 of 450
S24 Ultra ---> USBAPP with Qobuz and Bitperfect ---> Dc-Elite

Volume on Phone don't work.

If i use direct Qobuz, Amazon Music or other, no problem...

I prefer use Bitperfect, is a "stupid" system?

(sorry for my english)

May 8, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #439 of 450
Ok, if I don't hear significant (<10%) difference between DC Elite, mojo2 and fc6 - it's a problem with my ears or with my transport?
If you hear a difference of 10%, I must say that in these circumstances, in my opinion, it is really a lot and I can only congratulate you. If you can't hear anything, it may be a matter of headphones... It may also be a matter of concentration, fatigue, mood...

May 8, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #440 of 450
If you hear a difference of 10%, I must say that in these circumstances, in my opinion, it is really a lot and I can only congratulate you. If you can't hear anything, it may be a matter of headphones... It may also be a matter of concentration, fatigue, mood...
I'm talking about whether this difference will be made when I buy a totl DAP.

If it is again at the level of tuning and minor nuances, then I’m not sure that it’s worth the additional payment of $2000+ for switching from DC Elite/mojo2 to DAP...

May 9, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #442 of 450
It would make more sense to get an amp to pair with the Elite imo, scales super well with good power. Aroma stack stretches out the soundstage and allows the big notes of the Elite to breathe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
May 9, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #444 of 450
I'm talking about whether this difference will be made when I buy a totl DAP.

If it is again at the level of tuning and minor nuances, then I’m not sure that it’s worth the additional payment of $2000+ for switching from DC Elite/mojo2 to DAP...
I think it's definitely not worth doing it unconsciously, it's better to listen first, because it costs a lot. In my opinion, the differences will be mainly related to the aspect of synergy and preference rather than performance. Even if you want to get 10%, which is not so obvious, in my opinion the expense will not be justified, it is better to invest in a good IEM. Everyone will ultimately evaluate it according to their needs and capabilities.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #446 of 450
I noticed yesterday that the DC Elite is susceptible to RFI interference from a Phone, not sure if anyone has reported this before. Its probably picking the noise up in the balanced IEM cable and feeding it back into the amplifier. Seems a bit odd for a device that is meant to be used in this scenario.

I moved the dongle a little further away from the phone and it was OK.

May 10, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #447 of 450
Does anyone who owns the the Mojo2 or Hugo2 feel the Elite sits between those 2 or even beyond Hugo2 in some aspects at least ?
In terms of detail extraction, layering/imaging/headstaging and instrument scale its punching in the Hugo2 region to my ears.

The thing I noticed with Hugo2 vs DX240 and fidelizer modded amp 8 was the instrumentation size/scale was 25% bigger - if you can quantify it - at similar volumes...same again with Elite.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #448 of 450
Does anyone who owns the the Mojo2 or Hugo2 feel the Elite sits between those 2 or even beyond Hugo2 in some aspects at least ?
In terms of detail extraction, layering/imaging/headstaging and instrument scale its punching in the Hugo2 region to my ears.

The thing I noticed with Hugo2 vs DX240 and fidelizer modded amp 8 was the instrumentation size/scale was 25% bigger - if you can quantify it - at similar volumes...same again with Elite.
I have Mojo2 (Poly), used to have Hugo 2, and now have TT 2 and MScaler. They all serve different purposes for me but if you want me to wax lyrical and b***s**t about which sounds better/worse etc etc I'm not that person, perhaps they have minor nuances in the sound but don't ask me to pick one from another in a blind listening test.

What is plugged into them makes a far more significant difference.

May 11, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #449 of 450
Has anyone paired the Elite with Softears Studio 4? Is it too much gain for it?

May 12, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #450 of 450
Has anyone paired the Elite with Softears Studio 4? Is it too much gain for it?
just run 3.5mm cable if you are worried about that... sounds great with sensitive IEMs.

Have had mine for almost a week and keep being stunned by the performance. necessary dongle imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back