Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
May 9, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #1,276 of 1,280
Thanks guys! I've placed by order on the May KTE and should receive it in couple weeks time.

This will replace my T+ and Hermes DDC + Synergistic Research's Atmosphere X2 Coax clock cables + Tubulus Concentus I2S cable. This combo combined costs a lot more than the May itself. Wonder how can the May sound better. I might be stupid to dump a lot of money to buy thing blind but I have no chance to audition this kind of stuff where I live... so whatever. Also ordered the Holo Red, as its price is reasonable and seems to be best measured DDC around (can be useful as I plan to connect both my A6ME and Aurender N100 with the May).

Plan to break in the May for at least 300-400 hours before putting it into my rack though. Will report back how it fares against my current DAC+DDC. If May is better the Termie set will have to go... with substantial discount of course as this kind of stuff seems to hold no value over time.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #1,277 of 1,280
Hi guys. How do you usually connect the May to the PC...? Directly to a USB output of the PC or do you recommend a Sotom-type audio signal regenerator, or a ddc like Singxer or do you think that the isolation and quality of the USB connection of the May is sufficient and nothing in between is necessary...?
Thanks for your opinion....
Whilst I have no 1st hand experience, from my reading (a lot), it seems USB implementation in May is outstanding. Goldensound even said it's measured better than the best DDC around. So I think the USB should serve you well. Also with USB there will be no syncing/locking time with PLL on.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #1,279 of 1,280
I used direct, then felt I heard some static caused by my old Mac when I scrolled or was doing other work, so I ordered the Intona USB isolator. Of course once I received it the noise issue stopped. I connected it anyway, but I would say you should not need it unless you have a similar issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back