Holo Audio Bliss
May 10, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #3,271 of 3,278
I personally purchased the Serene for a speaker preamp instead of just using the Bliss. I'm currently building out a 2ch setup that will be using SS and tubes, and the Bliss is not versatile enough in terms of outputs to handle what I am building out.

I will also be using it to cut down on the number of remotes needed to control the hardware that will be sitting 6 ft away from me.

The Serene will be controlling volume to the speaker amps as well as to the Bliss. That way I only have 2 remotes to keep track of. One to the Spring 3 and one for the Serene.
I’ve bought Serene for my speaker setup also. Now I’m not sure if I need it anymore since DAC200 plays so great directly connectef to my ATC’s. Serene brings its own flavour though and it’s nice to have different options. I only need one XLR output so Bliss would be enough for connections.

Any chance you could compare the preamp sections of the two?

May 10, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #3,272 of 3,278
I’ve bought Serene for my speaker setup also. Now I’m not sure if I need it anymore since DAC200 plays so great directly connectef to my ATC’s. Serene brings its own flavour though and it’s nice to have different options. I only need one XLR output so Bliss would be enough for connections.

Any chance you could compare the preamp sections of the two?
I would be happy too, but I am still building out the room and saving up for some of the hardware.

This will not only be a 2ch room but also my home theater room, so there is quite a bit of hardware I still need to buy.

May 10, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #3,273 of 3,278
Yes I’ve read the review. I remember him saying it was the other way around, that Serene is slightly better as preamp.
It is fair to assume that a purpose-designed preamp is better as a preamp than a purpose-designed amplifier that is also a preamp. If you are made of money and/or intent on min-max'ing every aspect of your system, Serene + Bliss is no doubt the way to go. But for us normal folks, Bliss is marginally less excellent as a preamp than Serene at most.

May 11, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #3,274 of 3,278
It is fair to assume that a purpose-designed preamp is better as a preamp than a purpose-designed amplifier that is also a preamp. If you are made of money and/or intent on min-max'ing every aspect of your system, Serene + Bliss is no doubt the way to go. But for us normal folks, Bliss is marginally less excellent as a preamp than Serene at most.
I’m sure there’s a small difference in benefit of Serene, but I’m just trying to get a grasp of how big this difference is. If there’s someone who has made the switch from Serene to Bliss and could give some insight. I won’t be having both of them, that just doesn’t make sense in my case. No room in the rack, no need for more connections and I don’t want more boxes.

May 11, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #3,275 of 3,278
How blissful we talkin here?

Anyway…..im back into the hobby after playing with speakers for a while. Im interested in this and the cfa3 from headamp. I have the may kte so im gonna need to try this one out

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #3,276 of 3,278
is it possible to use 4.4 and xlr output at the same time to listen to two different headphones? I know it was possible on the topping a90d. I don't want to blow anything up so thought I'd ask here first. Thanks!

May 12, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #3,277 of 3,278
is it possible to use 4.4 and xlr output at the same time to listen to two different headphones? I know it was possible on the topping a90d. I don't want to blow anything up so thought I'd ask here first. Thanks!
It is possible, but it will affect the performance of both headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back