High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 27, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #4,186 of 4,188
I would like to look at the cables of the custom high-end inear companies. Can you tell me 4-5 companies that I should look at?
Since you live in the EU, I would highly recommend Forza Audioworks in Poland. Ask Matt for its 8-wire IEM version of the Claire Hybrid (not yet listed in the online shop) and you will get one of the best silver/copper hybrid cables on the market. I also own some 1000+ EUR cables but prefer the <300 EUR 8-wire Forza cable for most of my IEMs Like Odin or KK.

May 28, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #4,188 of 4,188
Are there any affordable iems/cables that I could try/you would recommend? Because I do want to have some more noticeable changes if possible (im already kinda prepared to throw some money into this hobby as time goes on). I know this is a thread for high-end products, so apologies but I would appreciate the help and advice.

It depends on what you find on the journey. With my experience, there are some brand and model that not mess around with material, solid approach and performance upgrading in product line.
Brise Audio
  • You should try Shirogane. Solid build and good silver tone approach. Better contrast and macro dynamic than Dream Duet. But micro detail and micro transient and transparency is behind Dream Duet.
Crystal Cable. Only Hiend signature out there in the portable market, IMO. The weakness is that the cable is small wire => not best for hi dynamic peak in popular gern.
  • Duet: Good entry point, however, the 2pin connector lower the performance of this model a little bit. Regerminate to better 2pin improve much.
  • Dream Duet: Clean, clear, fast, resolute, tonal accuracy, transparency, lowlevel detail, micro transient, fluent and coherence. It is the different.
1716950496326.png

I between some other brand PW, EA, Norne, DHC. Brimar give me the most special signature between them, however, it seems that they are out off business now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back