HeadAmp CFA3 Headphone Amp - The Official Thread
May 13, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #286 of 291
Can't do much of that with laser engraving, it basically either cuts through the anodizing and puts a white frosted appearance on the aluminum, or it doesn't go through the anodizing at all.

Here is an example with the hash marks from the Blue Hawaii SE re-scaled for a larger 2" knob (they could be shrunk a bit which id probably do if this is used)
I like that! Less busy, fewer markings, and easier to re-set to a particular previous volume level.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #290 of 291
Black, hash marks, white line on volume, all caps, don't care about size.

Basically your original idea but with a black front panel, and easier to read volume indicator.

In the end, I like both, it's just nit picking at this point.

May 14, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #291 of 291
headamp-cfa3-front-black-gray-engraving-options.jpg

headamp-cfa3-front-black-gray-angle-engraving-options.jpg

Before laser engraving any more front panels or knobs, I wanted to present 2 possible options for the front panel/knob. Which style do you like best, or perhaps something else?

Differences include:
- markings around the front panel for the volume
- markings on the knob
- all caps vs first letter capitalized on Gilmore Current Mirror Headphone Amp
- Switch functions slightly smaller font in top version, but the names of the switches stays as the larger font (Top panel)

Note also that the top panel is black, the bottom panel is gray (in some light people always comment it looks purple and it's more common when taking photos). Right now we are only offering the black but other colors are going to come.
I am interested to see more of the coming color options for this amp. For now I am highly interested of the¨Golden¨version as I have seen from photos of different parts.
Do you think this option will be shipped after summer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back