Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 13, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #62,581 of 62,591
These Eletech?

If so I have been looking at their website as well...

The Technics are working though, so might just stick with them. But if the Azla give me a more secure fit, they are tempting because I am adjusting the Technics a bit more often than I would like.

May 13, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #62,582 of 62,591
The AZLA MAX/MAX ASMR, the new Xelastec 2 and Foamax all have filters built in.
Do they go very deep into the ears? And I recall people complaining about the original xelastec being difficult to remove. I wonder if version 2 fixed it.

May 13, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #62,584 of 62,591
Do they go very deep into the ears? And I recall people complaining about the original xelastec being difficult to remove. I wonder if version 2 fixed it.
It is the only one I have not got from their complete range, I may pass on them as they deform and stay that way after a few wears and mainly due to the charging case.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #62,585 of 62,591
For something completely different. I just bought the Tozo Openbuds, and for the ~50 bucks, and I find them pretty darn good:

https://www.tozostore.com/products/open-buds?variant=45649557618977

Due to the rotation of the buds on the earpiece in and out, and the fact the earbuds also move vertically, they fit amazingly well, and sound decent to boot for something that is completely open, and doesn't go into the ear canal.

The eq is complete crap though in the Tozo app.

May 14, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #62,586 of 62,591
Triumph vs mystique comparison from one user on Noble thread if anyone is interested:
I've tried the triumph compared to the mystique they kinda lack on the bass part if your used to that umph bassy punch from the mystique. But if you're into like smooth vocal or instrumental or jazz like music I say the triumph would be the one you want. Granted now I really wish I bought a spare mystique now since I'm probably gonna be switching between the 2 tws based on the tracks I'm listening to or mood of audio I want. In many ways this is deja Vu of kazier and katana. You have the silky smooth sound for vocals, instrumentals, or maybe some poppy tunes that don't have bass heavy music to it then triumph is your goto I feel. Cause one thing I noticed about the triumph there was no fatigue it's just such a pleasure to listen to. Mystique on the hand you feel it's presence of bass and sound stage while still giving you details in areas you're used to hearing on mid high ranged wired iems.
Granted yes triumph has the details too but the details feel so smooth when you hear them yet oddly enough because of the way it goes in you just wanna close your eyes and just relax with the music. Mystique to me is more for I'd say mainstream bass heavy all around kpop hip-hop generes added with the ability to hear the technical side and details.
Triumph to me is remove cosmetics of bass heavy sound and add the silky smooth sounds of better vocals and instruments with a hint of bass while being able enjoy the music with out needing to focus on the details cause everything sounds buttery smooth. Granted the details are there if you pay attention to it but because it sounds so smooth you just forget about it and focus on enjoying the sounds your listening to.
Now as far as if I'm getting these I'm getting them for my dad first for Father's day and if doesn't like'em then I'll take them but if he does then I guess I'll be buying myself 2 as I want one for a spare so I don't make the mistake of not having a spare mystique. It's either that I just bite the bullet and get a prestige cause honestly that felt like fokus pro and mystique combined in one with a bigger sound stage. Mr. Wizard your products are just too good.

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #62,588 of 62,591
my brother lost his tws b&o beoplay EX. recommend me high-end tws please. thanks. Within 250 to 500 usd.

Or should he just get another beoplay EX?

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #62,589 of 62,591
Ouch! I have done that terrible thing once to a pair of IEM's, same result, $300 down the drain...

I am strongly leaning on keeping the XM5 and selling off my Elite 10.

The beauty of going for an open box from Amazon is savings, plus guilt free returns if I change my mind.

I was surprised how much better the ANC is. I know I shouldn't be, because that is always one of Sony's strengths but the difference is pretty amazing.

I did switch the tips though, started with Sony hybrids and have since switched to the Technics tips which have a filter. The technics offer a great seal, slightly thicker silicone so better passive isolation that typical silicone, great comfort and a slightly larger nozzle so a bit more open sound. Might order one size larger from the Panasonic website.
I gave in yesterday and ordered some Comply tips for my XM5s (and my Dunu Zen Pros). I use some cheapo foams I picked up long ago on Aliexpress, they work well but the foam is a bit hard.

I figure about 6 bucks every 3 months is reasonable considering how much I spend on the headphones themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back