Getting Together With Childhood Friends
Oct 6, 2007 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1
[size=small]Earlier this week, I got together with two old friends (one of whom I've known since I was four years old, the other I'd known since high school, and both of whom I went to high school and college with). Though we keep in touch with each other via phone, e-mail, text and occasional visits, what was special about that night was that it was just the three of us meeting up for the first time since probably our sophomore year of college. Over the years, we'd been at the same functions (like our three weddings, the weddings of others, funerals, our kids' birthday parties, other parties and get-togethers, etc.), it was always with other people around (our wives, other friends and relatives, etc.). But that night, for the first time in many years, the three of us got together for drinks and snacks for a few hours, and we had a great time--non-stop talking, laughing, catching-up, reminiscing about our crazy youth, discussing our families, jobs, etc. It was a very special night, because these guys remain two of my closest friends, even if the three of us are largely too busy and spread-out to keep in touch as much as we should.

I'm very proud of these friends of mine, as they've both accomplished so much, one being the treasurer of the U.S. arm of a very respected multi-national corporation, and the other being a very successful investment banker and attorney overseas.

Most importantly, they've both married wonderful, gorgeous ladies and are raising beautiful families; and this part all three of us have in common.

I don't know why I'm posting this, other than to say that that night was a reminder of how important my close friends are to me. B and D, if you're reading this, I'm very proud of you guys, and I love and miss you both. Let's not wait another bunch of years to get the three stooges together for talking, laughs, drinks and good food again.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back