FiiO M23, AK4191EQ+AK4499EX, THX AAA-78+, Dual Type-C Ports, Dual-Core Fast Charging, 1000mW+1000mW @32Ω
May 15, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #346 of 354
Priority shipping method is free and all taxes & duties paid by Hifigo
In the end I decided to buy from fiio.eu just because of the location if there's something wrong with the player it will be easier and probably cheaper to send it back within Europe. The price was a bit higher this way though but I accept that. I hope to receive the player next week and start testing it then.

Edit. I'm very excited about this. I'm coming from Plenue D2 which has been excellent but the M23 is in a different price bracket and much newer with different DAC/AMP chips so I'm hoping to hear some SQ improvement.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #347 of 354
How can i activate the up an down volume buttons instead of the slider ?

The slider presses down at each end, they are the ‘buttons’ but not actually buttons in the true sense. That is likely by default, pretty sure on M11 Plus that can’t be deactivated.

There should be options in the menu, probably under “Volume” to turn the slider function off.

Edited to add: with the slider turned off you can still tap the volume pad/rocker at either end to bring up the screen volume slider which can be used directly on the screen very much easier than the physical slider pad.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #348 of 354
In the end I decided to buy from fiio.eu just because of the location if there's something wrong with the player it will be easier and probably cheaper to send it back within Europe. The price was a bit higher this way though but I accept that. I hope to receive the player next week and start testing it then.

Edit. I'm very excited about this. I'm coming from Plenue D2 which has been excellent but the M23 is in a different price bracket and much newer with different DAC/AMP chips so I'm hoping to hear some SQ improvement.
I got it today, I'm quite disappointed. Not better than ibasso dc04pro , tanchjim space , or shanling ua4. Midbass killer :frowning2:

May 15, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #349 of 354
I got it today, I'm quite disappointed. Not better than ibasso dc04pro , tanchjim space , or shanling ua4. Midbass killer :frowning2:

I hate to say it but you were always going to be disappointed.

Initially you expected it to be better than your dongles while in reality it was never going to be dramatically different.

Then you started reading about things that you didn’t like and you had pretty much talked yourself out of it, you will hear what you expect to hear.

May 15, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #350 of 354
I hate to say it but you were always going to be disappointed.

Initially you expected it to be better than your dongles while in reality it was never going to be dramatically different.

Then you started reading about things that you didn’t like and you had pretty much talked yourself out of it, you will hear what you expect to hear.
I hate to say but you talked yourself out of some stupïd psychoanalysis. You never heard the m23 , i do and i found the shanling ua4 better . Sorry.

May 15, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #351 of 354
I hate to say but you talked yourself out of some stupïd psychoanalysis. You never heard the m23 , i do and i found the shanling ua4 better . Sorry.

OK, it was obvious a week ago you weren’t going to like it because all you did was focus on apparent negative aspects you could find to read about. You said you were planning on sending it back.

I am just a lowly engineer (not audio) and nowhere near a psychiatrist but one doesn’t need to be to understand the affects of expectation.

Regardless, I do hope you give it a chance and grow to appreciate it.

May 15, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #352 of 354
OK, it was obvious a week ago you weren’t going to like it because all you did was focus on apparent negative aspects you could find to read about. You said you were planning on sending it back.

I am just a lowly engineer (not audio) and nowhere near a psychiatrist but one doesn’t need to be to understand the affects of expectation.

Regardless, I do hope you give it a chance and grow to appreciate it.
The subs are coloured , the midbass is incomplete, the highs sometimes a bit metallic . regardless, i'm not the first to say this, it's still true.I don't think I will be able to appreciate it, but who knows :) I actually don't care anymore, I've already returned enough cråp so it's not a problem

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #353 of 354
Out of curiosity, how much burn in time did you give the unit before you reached that conclusion? I know that my M11 sounded much better after about 48 hours of run time and even better after about 96…

May 15, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #354 of 354
Out of curiosity, how much burn in time did you give the unit before you reached that conclusion? I know that my M11 sounded much better after about 48 hours of run time and even better after about 96…
Higher end daps use more capacitors and definitely burn in around 100 hours for most.

I've tried a lot of daps out of the box vs the store demo and usually it's the bass and smoothness that improves most noticeably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back