Feliks Audio ENVY
May 14, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #6,946 of 6,951
I just told my wife I have the budget version, the Envy OG.
Meant as humor but I guess that did not convey.

My Envy is on its way back from the shop with the improved transformer, which measurably dropped the noise floor by about 20 db. I have great-sounding tubes currently so no need for any further changes with the Envy. Instead, I've turned my attention to further lowering noise artifacts from the grid; the Puritan conditioner is being replaced with a couple LessLoss firewalls this weekend.

May 14, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #6,947 of 6,951
I've heard a few impressions elsewhere of AE and it seems it's quite a special amp. A HUGE step up from Envy OG, I'm told.

Glad you're enjoying it!
listening to my envy with ER300's and I have to say the thought of huge step up seems hard to imagine lol

May 14, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #6,948 of 6,951
Well I have only one Envy AE, which means I have to let it cool down first in order to switch tubes. Not exactly an A/B Test.

There's always at least 20 Minutes audio memory involved
I mean can you compare Envy OG vs Envy AE A/B? If so, I am very curious about your report. Since you are talking about AE being a huge step up over OG.

To be honest, I couldn't hear that step up in show environment in Munich, even preferred OG PE with Fullmusic tubes to AE with Elrogs with Immanis ^^
But yeah, a very sub optimal place to compare them.

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #6,950 of 6,951
yes I agree,once you get to this point there are no huge step up...just incremental or subjective..I know myself a great deal of it is "psychic improvement"

May 15, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #6,951 of 6,951
listening to my envy with ER300's and I have to say the thought of huge step up seems hard to imagine lol
Totally, but just what I've been told second-hand. I'm guessing the amps above Envy are hard to imagine *until* you hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back