FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
May 11, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #1,982 of 1,987
Thank you for verifying that! Is that the upgraded red cable? It looks different compared to the pics on the FF site. And lastly are those the stock tips?

Tips look like Dunu S&S - very good set of tips, comparable to the Divinus Velvet or Type E just with a different fit.

May 11, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #1,983 of 1,987
Thank you for verifying that! Is that the upgraded red cable? It looks different compared to the pics on the FF site. And lastly are those the stock tips?

The cable in that pic is THIS 4.4mm/2 pin one from NICEHCK. It's a temp cable I'm using until a custom one I ordered from Hart Audio arrives this coming week. I'm not the hugest fan of the red upgrade cable that came with my Scarlets. It sounds great, but it's kind of on the stiff side and takes a while to relax again after unrolling it when I take it out of the case. I'm a sucker for a soft comfortable cable. As for the tips, like @SemperMalum said, they are the DUNU S&S ear tips, my favorites on the Scarlet Minis.

May 12, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #1,984 of 1,987
I’m going to piggyback off the portable sources question and ask what DAPs are you guys running to power the Scarlet Mini? I’m running the Fiio M11S and curious to know if that’s enough or if I need to upgrade.
Currently running my Scarlets on my Ibasso DX120, but I'm planning to upgrade my DAP to a Hiby R4 soon.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #1,986 of 1,987
Thanks! It’s reassuring that my DAP can run the Scarlets comfortably. May I ask why you are upgrading to the R4?
My Ibasso can power the Scarlets fine, but I need to boost the volume quite high to get to listenable levels for me, plus it drains the battery fast as well. Also, the only terminations I have on my Ibasso are 3.5 and 2.5, and after demo'ing the R4 and Canjam, I just couldn't help but pre-order one.

May 13, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #1,987 of 1,987
I got the new custom 2 pin 4.4mm cable for my Scarlet Minis in from Hart Audio Cables. I'm loving the look.

20240513_183426.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back