Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 11, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #2,266 of 2,274
I'm having the same issue but for me it is the right earbud with lower volume (and perhaps recessed mids). This is my second pair (first pair was replaced under warranty when the left earbud quit working). Not sure how the warranty works with replacements. I bought directly from Sennheiser, so I will try an RMA (again).
My left earbud sounds like it’s got a low pass filter on it, it’s definitely lost a little brightness compared to the right earbud

May 11, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #2,268 of 2,274
So I bought the Tripowin Noire (4 core) cable for these.

It just about fits, I had to file down the prodtruding rings ever so slightly, especially on the red connector to really make it "click" in, I have read others who said theirs fit perfectly so it might just be down to the absolute details of the manufacturing, it is fractions of a millimeter after all. Everything good otherwise, so can recommend if you're willing to possibly file/chip the rings down just a tad if you have to.

May 11, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #2,269 of 2,274
So I bought the Tripowin Noire (4 core) cable for these.

It just about fits, I had to file down the prodtruding rings ever so slightly, especially on the red connector to really make it "click" in, I have read others who said theirs fit perfectly so it might just be down to the absolute details of the manufacturing, it is fractions of a millimeter after all. Everything good otherwise, so can recommend if you're willing to possibly file/chip the rings down just a tad if you have to.
I have the same cable, I also bought these little adapters to save me the hassle of cable modification

MMCX Cable Female(Cable Side) Connector Work for MMCX Cable Connected to Sennheiser IE300 IE900 IE600(Headphone Side) Adapter Black

May 11, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #2,272 of 2,274
What's going on with people having one ear piece losing sound or sounding different to the other ear piece? A dynamic driver can't seem to fail so easily. Or maybe it's a problem with the connector.
Mmcx connectors are the worst.

May 11, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #2,273 of 2,274
I had a similar problem with mine; after a few weeks (with very little cable swapping) the left bud became intermittent. I swapped the cables around and realised that it was the MMCX plug on that side of the cable so I took it back to the aforementioned Richer Sounds, reproduced it, and they ordered me in a new set. Having burned in the buds with a couple of hundred hours use I didn't want to bother with that again so I just took the cable but bought a Null Audio cable soon after and chucked the Senny cable in the box. Dreadful thing, 3rd party cables sound, feel and connect much better.

May 13, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #2,274 of 2,274
My replacement IE600 have arrived, I am impressed by how quickly and smoothly that all went, Richer Sounds couldn’t have been more helpful.

First thing I did was connect my Black Widow cable and put on the eartips I was using on my old IE600. The first thing I noticed when playing music from my Shanling M6U was just how much louder this new set felt. I generally listen at volume level 21 with my previous IE600, with this new pair I lowered that down to 19.

So now I’m wondering if it’s just due to how bright these new set are before they’ve properly burned in/aged, or maybe perhaps both buds of my old set were degrading but the left side had just begun to deteriorate ever so slightly quicker than the right and that’s what caused me to notice the shifting to the right of the stereo image - I’d describe it like instead of the snare drum being smack bang on the bridge of my nose it had shifted to my right eye.

This replacement pair were manufactured in April 2024, my old set were manufactured in June 2023. I’m hoping that if there were any manufacturing issues back then they have been addressed by now and this new pair will remain trouble free for years to come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back