Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
May 11, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #816 of 819
The DAC section is not the reason why the A6 became popular. It sold so well because of the streamer quality and user interface. Easy to use and convenient menu layout, all streamer services flawlessly integrated and so on. The streamer part is so good that it beats standalone streamers for twice the price. Sure, there is a DAC section in the A6 too, but that is mediocre indeed. Many buyers hook up the A6 with 1K-4K external DACs and enjoy their savings on a multi thousand-dollar standalone streamer. That is just how it is.
That's how I understand it. I just bought one brand new from headphones.com. I bought it specifically for the streaming feature. My DAC is a Denafrips Pontus II 12.

May 11, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #818 of 819
That's how I understand it. I just bought one brand new from headphones.com. I bought it specifically for the streaming feature. My DAC is a Denafrips Pontus II 12.
My advice is, go listen to the a6, a6 master and a8 and chooce wisely. The a8 sounds the best digitally and anaologue. The a6 master is getting closer to a8 (with the upgrade lps psu). A6 sounds okay/good and analogue.

Reading you have decent r2r dac, wanting the smoothes sounds, you will prefer the a8 (but let your ears be the judge BUT a big BUT! Do that with decent enough headphones, or amp+speakers). Doing that you will notice the a8 sound more organic, but you have to experience it yourself to understand.

Because most will always say there is no difference, a zen stream will just sounds the same streaming as a 8000 euro streaming device… (which is not true but you’ll get my point 😉). Let your own ears be the judge

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #819 of 819
My advice is, go listen to the a6, a6 master and a8 and chooce wisely. The a8 sounds the best digitally and anaologue. The a6 master is getting closer to a8 (with the upgrade lps psu). A6 sounds okay/good and analogue.

Reading you have decent r2r dac, wanting the smoothes sounds, you will prefer the a8 (but let your ears be the judge BUT a big BUT! Do that with decent enough headphones, or amp+speakers). Doing that you will notice the a8 sound more organic, but you have to experience it yourself to understand.

Because most will always say there is no difference, a zen stream will just sounds the same streaming as a 8000 euro streaming device… (which is not true but you’ll get my point 😉). Let your own ears be the judge
That's the plan, Stanley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back