Elysian Annihilator 2023
May 5, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #796 of 804
I made the mistake of getting my Fusion 1 cable with the standard Con X set (2-pin and mmcx) for my Annihilator, so I had order the Pentaconn connector directly from Effect Audio and it FINALLY arrived today! lol Rookie mistake. Oops.

It kept being delayed from EA directly (not their fault, severe weather conditions)…

Alas, I’m finally able to ejoy the Fusion 1 with the Anni.
You can also get the ConX connectors on HiFioGo and/or Aliexpress. Purchased mine from them for my Eros S, and didn't take long to arrive at all.

May 5, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #797 of 804
It's not possible to swap out the stock cable connector right? Possibly could use the adapter to 2pin?
You can have the connectors on the LL Martini cable changed to ConX by Effect Audio for I believe $80. You’d have to send the cable to Singapore, though. Or try to find another cable maker that offers the same service.

There are PEar to 2pin adapters available on AliExpress but they add some length to the connector which may be undesirable.

May 6, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #798 of 804
It’s early still, since I’ve not got too much time with it yet. Initial impressions are very, very good. So far the mids and the bass seem a bit more full sounding. Midbass hits harder, too. The sound top to bottom seems to have more control and grip. Sound stage also appears larger with a bit more depth separation — more holographic, overall.

This is just from initial impressions, still need to put more time on them! :L3000:
Good first impressions. I had the Fusion 1 to demo from EA and I really liked what it brought to the sound. I’d be interested to know your thoughts once you have more time with it and the Anni.

May 6, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #799 of 804
Has anybody tested Enleum HPA-23rm with Annis? I am very curious do they profit from its current output (rather then voltage) or how it affects them.

May 6, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #802 of 804
The Annihilator 2023 shines with both Organic Music and Synthetic Music. No surprise there.

I can enjoy organic music with good dynamic range like this,

Or snappy "synthetic" music like this,

May 9, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #803 of 804
Hello, anyone here use a Chord Hugo 2 with their Annihilator and have used a Hugo 1st Gen? I currently use the Chord Hugo 1 and am saving up to get a used Hugo 2 for less than $1500 as I have seen a few in good condition.

My only concern is if the Hugo 2 might be too revealing of sibilance in poor recordings for something like the Anni as the Hugo 1 is already a warmer source that makes it non fatiguing for extended listening and gives a nice rumble to the bass driver. Pretty much a perfect synergy for Anni. Just looking for a more detailed Hugo 1 that is portable. So how do you find the Hugo 2 with the Anni?

May 9, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #804 of 804
Hello, anyone here use a Chord Hugo 2 with their Annihilator and have used a Hugo 1st Gen? I currently use the Chord Hugo 1 and am saving up to get a used Hugo 2 for less than $1500 as I have seen a few in good condition.

My only concern is if the Hugo 2 might be too revealing of sibilance in poor recordings for something like the Anni as the Hugo 1 is already a warmer source that makes it non fatiguing for extended listening and gives a nice rumble to the bass driver. Pretty much a perfect synergy for Anni. Just looking for a more detailed Hugo 1 that is portable. So how do you find the Hugo 2 with the Anni?
The Hugo2 is much richer and full sounding that Hugo 1 so it should sound sublime :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back